JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So my bro-in-law recently inherited a handful of these 30 cal AP ammo cans still completely sealed. The one pictured below is an idea of the condition that they're all in. He's trying to get an idea of value on them, but I don't know a lot about surplus ammo. Is there any info or resources someone could point me to?

AkcBPwt.jpg

i0nMfzb.jpg

So my bro-in-law recently inherited a handful of these 30 cal AP ammo cans still completely sealed. The one pictured below is an idea of the condition that they're all in. He's trying to get an idea of value on them, but I don't know a lot about surplus ammo. Is there any info or resources someone could point me to?

View attachment 1451834

View attachment 1451835
Call some mlitary collectors and or museums. Barring that I'd just add $100 to the going rate of black tip for the unopened cans but that's just me.

Lot 13388 would put it somewhere in the middle of WWII so it's going to be corrosive ammo. The last Lake City lot number for WWII was 13699

From a collector stand point I would pay about $150-200 at the upper end (however your can pictured has some rust on the can so the price should reflect that) , but from a shooters standpoint I would pass due to the ammo being corrosive.

By the way, does the bottom of the can have more rust (they usually do) than the top shows? If so this will cause mildew inside the can and the bandoliers will rot faster due to the moisture. The cartridges might have a green color on them as well as they start to break down. The enbloc clips will all be good however.

Last Edited:

View attachment 1451834

View attachment 1451835
if you figured out a price. i would like to buy one or two cans from you or your brother in law

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews