JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My cousin got a DD in the late 80's for calling the drill instructor a N*****. My cousin apologized and the DI even went to bat for him but nope, DD. Disrespectful yes, felony worthy no.
While not close to "not peeling taters properly", to me, that's pretty far removed from a felony. Heck, the POTUS called half of the nation teabaggers. come on

Dishonorable is a pretty high bar to get to. Ive only known one guy who was dishonorably discharged. He got caught smuggling a few machine guns back from Afghanistan in his tank .

Yep sounds about right! I never could figure out how the absolute dumbest SOB's became officers! And they want us to follow them into battle?!o_O

They pay off school debts thats how. If you are too stupid to get a decent paying job after college and you have a big pile of student debt you can become an officer and the debt gets relieved. The Army generally doesnt get the best and the brightest unless its from one of the academies.

Interesting.

It looks like the Fed paperwork has a basic expectation of "having honor" in terms of letting an ex-serviceman have their full civilian rights, but only for the 2nd Amendment; and possibly a few others... whereas there's no expectation of having honor in regards to the 1st Amendment (except under Oath, and we all know just how seriously several Congresscritters take it) and several other Rights.

Was it not true, that before the GCA of 1968 and 1934, that a man was expected to retain full Constitutional Rights after serving his time in prison, or after leaving the Military, regardless of his honor? I think back to the times of deserters and corrupt men in uniforms as well as the other times where they were mutinous, and yet they either kept full Constitutional Rights or they lost every one of them including their lives...

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top