JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Yep sounds about right! I never could figure out how the absolute dumbest SOB's became officers! And they want us to follow them into battle?!o_O

Want to set this straight in case anyone here was an officer. :confused: I'm not saying they all were but I'm sure as he!! going to say 65% were. My Lt chose me to be his driver because he was a big duffus looking dude and I made him look small. I almost got an article 15 for disobeying a direct order when we were doing field excercises down in Fort Hunter Ligget.

He told me to go straight and I refused and took a right hand turn, saving us from going off a cliff!

I'm kinda wondering how old he thinks you are? :p:D
I dunno, maybe 112?

*edit*

I tell my daughter everything was a hundred years ago, eg "When I was your age a hundred years ago..." One day I was on one of those "100 year" rants, she said, "So that makes you 112."

Last Edited:
In Basic Training we saw a recruit go to captain's mast in front of everyone. He got in trouble for pointing a gun at an instructor and sexually assaulting another recruit.

So in short? Have to mess up big.
Correction: We saw him get captain's mast for pointing the gun. The sexual assault got him much worse.

I never served in the military. Drove fire apparatus instead. So ... how many types of discharges are there? How about a short definition on each because I do not know.

Does the loss of citizenship rights include the right to vote? Loss of freedom of speech? The right to certain employment? Why only the loss of firearm ownership?

What would have to be fixed to keep these stories from ever happening in the future? Is there something basically wrong with the present US military officer system?

What would have to be fixed to keep these stories from ever happening in the future? Is there something basically wrong with the present US military officer system?

Well my friend IMHO that is a loaded question. Basically to become a lowly first LT in the Army all you had to have was a college degree if I remember correctly. Its been a while so bare with me.:D Just because you have a college degree doesn't make you smart or make it so you have common fricken sense let alone the knowledge to rally your troops and have the brain power to do what is smart tactically to get them all home and win the battle.

Don't get me wrong I met some good officers and would have followed them into anything. But then there are the ones that I wouldn't want next to me because they couldn't figure out how to clean there damn rifle!

I never served in the military. Drove fire apparatus instead. So ... how many types of discharges are there? How about a short definition on each because I do not know.

Does the loss of citizenship rights include the right to vote? Loss of freedom of speech? The right to certain employment? Why only the loss of firearm ownership?

https://www.vetverify.org/javax.fac...Discharge-Overview.pdf.xhtml?ln=default&v=1_0

Well my friend IMHO that is a loaded question. Basically to become a lowly first LT in the Army all you had to have was a college degree if I remember correctly. Its been a while so bare with me.:D Just because you have a college degree doesn't make you smart or make it so you have common fricken sense let alone the knowledge to rally your troops and have the brain power to do what is smart tactically to get them all home and win the battle.

Don't get me wrong I met some good officers and would have followed them into anything. But then there are the ones that I wouldn't want next to me because they couldn't figure out how to clean there damn rifle!

And that's why there was some fragging in Vietnam. A few dumb "O"s were getting soldiers killed. Probably not as many as the dumb "O"s back at headquarters killed tho. Glad I was a Coastie!!

They gave officers rifles??? :eek::eek::eek:

I was treating a soldier with a possible skull fracture. When A slightly drunk 2nd LT. jumped in and helped by raising his legs, and treating for shock.

I told the Lt. I was a medic and this man has a broken skull. Don't raise his legs.
He told me he new what he was doing and to step aside.

Really? I said.

Then I grabbed the Buzzed SOB LT. by the shirt. Looked deep in his eyes. And assured him I was about to kick his azz across this parking lot. If he touched my patient again.

Next morning I was standing in front of a Full bird Colonel. And he was angry! :D

If it had not been for a Captain, who was our post DR. Siding with me.
And telling the Colonel I likely saved the mans life. And the LT could have killed the soldier or given him brain damage. I would have gone down in flames.

It was that kind of Chicken chit that caused me to get out. o_O
I had one that wanted me to make him an extension cord with two male ends. He said he needed it to make his Christmas lights work right at home. Knowing that he had small kids at home I told him no, I was not going to make him a suicide machine.

My cousin got a DD in the late 80's for calling the drill instructor a N*****. My cousin apologized and the DI even went to bat for him but nope, DD. Disrespectful yes, felony worthy no.

My cousin got a DD in the late 80's for calling the drill instructor a N*****. My cousin apologized and the DI even went to bat for him but nope, DD. Disrespectful yes, felony worthy no.
Yeah... Military and logic go together like mustard and milk chocolate.

Nowadays that wouldn't happen, your cousin just got caught doing it at the wrong time. Though he'd still been in trouble if he did it now, just not that much. Or maybe still, who knows with all the stuff being yelled back and forth.

Had a smart guy who went through the ranks quick. Half way through his first deployment he walked up the our division chief and "admitted" to smoking weed. There was a CO Mast 2 days later and he flown off the ship the following day. Everyone knew that him smoking weed was bs. The kid couldn't handle the stress and that was the fastest way out. He got separated with dd. Poor choice, now he has to live with it.

I came into the Navy just as "Rocks and Shoals" was going out. The cousin would have been scraped up off the ground and carried to the infirmary. My DI from boot camp and I later found ourselves stationed on the same base. We became good friends and he was the best man at my wedding.

I came into the Navy just as "Rocks and Shoals" was going out. The cousin would have been scraped up off the ground and carried to the infirmary. My DI from boot camp and I later found ourselves stationed on the same base. We became good friends and he was the best man at my wedding.

I personally would never speculate who would've won the fight, because there wasn't one. It almost came to that from what I heard, but cooler heads prevailed.

That said, I'm 6'2" 225 lbs and I used to fight in amateur and Tough Man competitions when I was younger; and my cousin still scares the crap out of me. It wouldn't have went well for anybody involved if things would've went to blows

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top