JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Error
Reviews are disabled for this resource because it is temporarily closed.
Ask question Discuss resource
I'm pre-scheduled for June 27th & 28th, or else I'd join you (@Rem700..300 , his wife Tracy and @Cosimel are going to be at Mary's Peak to meet shooters and hand out shooting information). I am available July 11th and I'm thinking of scheduling a large cleanup event at the 36 pit on that date.

The USFS has just issued a notice that they will open for volunteer group activities to start on July 6th, so, I'm thinking the Trash No Land organization could sponsor a cleanup event on the 11th. I still need to check with Clackamas County Dump Stoppers to confirm availability of them to take the trash (they always donate that service to our events). We usually take out close to 2000 lbs +/- from that pit, with about 20 + volunteers.

If July 11th is a go with USFS and Dump Stoppers, I'll post an event in the NWFA Event section and on the Trash No Land Facebook & web site. We'll have a great time that will include some free raffle prizes and a BBQ lunch! Should be done by noon and then do a group shoot (which is always so totally cool!!!)

I'm pre-scheduled for June 27th & 28th, or else I'd join you (@Rem700..300 , his wife Tracy and @Cosimel are going to be at Mary's Peak to meet shooters and hand out shooting information). I am available July 11th and I'm thinking of scheduling a large cleanup event at the 36 pit on that date.

The USFS has just issued a notice that they will open for volunteer group activities to start on July 6th, so, I'm thinking the Trash No Land organization could sponsor a cleanup event on the 11th. I still need to check with Clackamas County Dump Stoppers to confirm availability of them to take the trash (they always donate that service to our events). We usually take out close to 2000 lbs +/- from that pit, with about 20 + volunteers.

If July 11th is a go with USFS and Dump Stoppers, I'll post an event in the NWFA Event section and on the Trash No Land Facebook & web site. We'll have a great time that will include some free raffle prizes and a BBQ lunch! Should be done by noon and then do a group shoot (which is always so totally cool!!!)

If this happens I'll do my best to be there and help

It's a waiting game now. I sent an email to USFS requesting that date and now sit back to hear a reply. They have new forms to fill out and special requirements for the Pandamnit situation, so, I gotta read over that stuff and be sure we can comply. Should be pretty simple because it's easy to do the physical distance and I think I can show we don't need to require face masks (I'm sure I will need to recommend it, but don't think I'll need to require it). We'll see.

Meanwhile, I'll check with Dump Stoppers on Monday.

Sounds good. I'll keep an eye on the forums to see if you post something official. The 11th would be great since my wife and kids are out of town and I planned on doing a bunch of shooting anyways. Might as well help get that pit cleaned up while I do it.

July 11th is a no-go for a group cleanup event. We'd have to develop guidelines and get them approved by Mt Hood NF and there's not enough time to write them, submit and get approved. They don't have theirs done yet either. Besides, the recent uptick of the virus cases has me a bit concerned for trying to gather in groups just yet. Perhaps later this summer.

Instead of a group cleanup, I'm thinking of doing the Target Shooter Info Center at the pit parking lot sometime in July (11th or 18th). I need at least one other person to join me on a Sat or Sun from 9 to noon. To see what it's all about, check out what we did at Mary's Peak yesterday: Grass Roots Effort at Mary's Peak Oregon . We also did one in the Tillamook SF a couple weekends ago. This is one of the best ways to connect with shooters, and communicate our message of responsible shooting, that we've found yet.

Did anyone get out to the pit this weekend? How's the conditions now?

Thanks,
Bill

I just got back. It's business as usual in the pit, but with the indecisive weather and an early start there wasn't a crowd. My son and I, another family and a few other lads. Was a nice quiet Sunday.

My son and I, another family and a few other lads. Was a nice quiet Sunday.
I've noticed more families on a Sunday than on Saturdays. So if you're concerned about wild and crazy shooters, Sunday may be the best day to go. Chances are good to meet nice folks. It's more of a family type of day I suppose.

@Cogs, I'll join you for a few hours that Saturday. Heading to Montana for our annual 4th of July trek this weekend, but will be back in plenty of time to pitch in the following weekend.
Great! Let's put it down for July 11th! If we have a couple more or so, we can take turns going up to clean up some stuff. I'm sure we could recruit a few shooters to help too.

Thanks!

We are on for July 11th to host the Target Shooter Info Center. Aaron, @citizen a , and I will be manning the booth (might even have Craig & Tracy, @Rem700..300 , join us all the way from Albany. We'd like some extra visitors to come and help do some cleanup in the pit. Trash No Land will cover disposal costs if you can't afford an extra bag or two in your normal home disposal.

6-27-20 MP Info Cntr 2.jpg

Come join the fun, have a good cup of hot coffee and see what it's all about! Grass roots! Boots on the ground! Sat, July 11th!

Bill

Folding brochures and listening to Merle, Johnny & George. Going to hand these out on Saturday in Mt Hood Nat Forest at the 36 Pit. Also have a bunch of USFS Mt Hood Shooting Rules flyers, ear plugs, paper targets, trash bags and I ordered a big pot of hot coffee from The Grind in Estacada. I'm ready to roll!

Folding brochures.jpg

Resource discussions are for general chit-chat. Use the buttons near the top to ask a question or write a review for this resource.