JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Ok, the custom marlin project is rolling along nicely, got dies from ch4d for .35-30, now looking for the right bullet.
I'm leaning toward the 245 gr Saeco gas check, (though I'm open to heavier suggestions) and I am having some trouble locating some locally to experiment with.
Is there anyone here that casts these bullets or something similar that would be willing to sell me a few? I'd rather be sure about the choice before spending a hundred bucks on the Saeco mold.
Anyone shooting heavy cast in a .35 (whelen, remington, wtc..)?

Ok, the custom marlin project is rolling along nicely, got dies from ch4d for .35-30, now looking for the right bullet.
I'm leaning toward the 245 gr Saeco gas check, (though I'm open to heavier suggestions) and I am having some trouble locating some locally to experiment with.
Is there anyone here that casts these bullets or something similar that would be willing to sell me a few? I'd rather be sure about the choice before spending a hundred bucks on the Saeco mold.
Anyone shooting heavy cast in a .35 (whelen, remington, wtc..)?
I shoot a .351wsl in the 1907 model Winchester. There is a guy locally here that casts a .358 158gr that i size down to .352 and it works very well. Is it something like that you are after?

Thanks,
I'm looking for heavier bullets, 245 grain and up.
I have found load data for the .35/30-30 up to almost 300gr, I'm looking to split the difference with a bullet that falls between the 220 and the 300 grain

Maybe try over at castboolits.com to buy them and or find out about accuracy given that weight,velocity and twist.. do a search.
Or buy some jacketed slugs in that weight/and bearing surface and drive them to the velocity that you'll load your lead to.. if they tumble or something, your lead likely will.

That is a good point, I've found that a 1:14 to 1:16 twist is pretty common in the heavy weights, i'll also look for some heavy jacketed flat points to try out.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews