JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Ok, the custom marlin project is rolling along nicely, got dies from ch4d for .35-30, now looking for the right bullet.
I'm leaning toward the 245 gr Saeco gas check, (though I'm open to heavier suggestions) and I am having some trouble locating some locally to experiment with.
Is there anyone here that casts these bullets or something similar that would be willing to sell me a few? I'd rather be sure about the choice before spending a hundred bucks on the Saeco mold.
Anyone shooting heavy cast in a .35 (whelen, remington, wtc..)?

Ok, the custom marlin project is rolling along nicely, got dies from ch4d for .35-30, now looking for the right bullet.
I'm leaning toward the 245 gr Saeco gas check, (though I'm open to heavier suggestions) and I am having some trouble locating some locally to experiment with.
Is there anyone here that casts these bullets or something similar that would be willing to sell me a few? I'd rather be sure about the choice before spending a hundred bucks on the Saeco mold.
Anyone shooting heavy cast in a .35 (whelen, remington, wtc..)?
I shoot a .351wsl in the 1907 model Winchester. There is a guy locally here that casts a .358 158gr that i size down to .352 and it works very well. Is it something like that you are after?

Thanks,
I'm looking for heavier bullets, 245 grain and up.
I have found load data for the .35/30-30 up to almost 300gr, I'm looking to split the difference with a bullet that falls between the 220 and the 300 grain

Maybe try over at castboolits.com to buy them and or find out about accuracy given that weight,velocity and twist.. do a search.
Or buy some jacketed slugs in that weight/and bearing surface and drive them to the velocity that you'll load your lead to.. if they tumble or something, your lead likely will.

That is a good point, I've found that a 1:14 to 1:16 twist is pretty common in the heavy weights, i'll also look for some heavy jacketed flat points to try out.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top