JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Yesss! I feel like a kid at Christmas! I just wanted to make sure I wasn't picking a lemon. I really appreciate all the input, Thanks All.

Congrats! That's a nice gun I'm sure you will enjoy.
Some might not comment favorably about it having a lock on it, but we've never had a problem with a gun that does, so WTF?
Have fun with that baby!

Eddie enjoy the gun. It looks like it will be fun to shoot.

I'd never own a Smith for the lock even if it functions 100% on every gun they ever made. I just can't support a gun company who compomises or buckles in any way to the anti gunners.

Eddie enjoy the gun. It looks like it will be fun to shoot.

I'd never own a Smith for the lock even if it functions 100% on every gun they ever made. I just can't support a gun company who compomises or buckles in any way to the anti gunners.

That made me look at all my revolvers, I do have one S&W with the pesky lock. My Ruger, Colt, NAA, Charter Arms and Taurus are lock free. I'll keep the Smith anyway though.

I have an S&W L-Frame 686-1 with a 6" barrel that I have had for 26 years. I've shot 1000s of rounds through it over the years. I bought a Galco leather shoulder holster for it.

BTW my little femmy wife carries and shoots a full power S & W .357 M65 3 inch heavy barrel.. 125 grain JHPs..very well.. at one time it was the stopping power king for CCW pistols. I have to kenspeckle~eye any male who thinks it's too powerful

And its my 1st choice for a "carrying around" .357 from among all of mine:

65-5.jpg

65-5.jpg

From my research the Security Six is superior to the GP100. Some have claimed that the reason it was discontinued and the GP100 created as a replacement is cost. Ruger was spending too much on making it.
I don't have a GP100 so I cannot compare, but I do have a Security Six in ss and think very highly of it. The only thing I did not like was the original grips (too small) so replacements are required (but cheap).

I also own a Python and S&W 19, and if I could only keep one 38/357 it would be the Ruger
The fatal flaw with the Sec Six it the ejector rod is to short to fully eject 357 cases.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top