JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
*Le Sigh*

Learned (again) the fun of warranties and voiding them. Short story: aftermarket guide-rod and stronger recoil spring broke the frame of my SD40VE. I really liked the way it was cycling too. Of course, I had previously stippled the pistol, voiding the warranty.

So now I've got a cool $300 paperweight and no defensive weapon at all.

I have no idea how long it'll be before I can afford another firearm. Now I'm left wondering if I should find another SD40VE since now I've got plenty of parts and three extra magazines or if I should go ahead and find something else.

View attachment 294179

FYI I have one like NIB and 2 mags $300. I'm in Lebanon. Louie 541-401-1063

A replacement is being sent to me! I'm shipping back the busted one and the guide rod back to Galloway. They went from "it's not our problem" to "i wanna take a look" pretty quick. While I'm not happy about what has happened, I'm happy with the current resolution.

Now the replacement will only get the trigger and sights... no other changes.

Update:
Galloway has replaced my SD40 with another. I've shipped back my paperweight to them along with my factory and their guide rod and spring. They've pulled the 22# spring option from their website after hearing of similar problems in the last two weeks.
I doubt I'll hear more at this point, but it might happen.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top