JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
*Le Sigh*

Learned (again) the fun of warranties and voiding them. Short story: aftermarket guide-rod and stronger recoil spring broke the frame of my SD40VE. I really liked the way it was cycling too. Of course, I had previously stippled the pistol, voiding the warranty.

So now I've got a cool $300 paperweight and no defensive weapon at all.

I have no idea how long it'll be before I can afford another firearm. Now I'm left wondering if I should find another SD40VE since now I've got plenty of parts and three extra magazines or if I should go ahead and find something else.

View attachment 294179

FYI I have one like NIB and 2 mags $300. I'm in Lebanon. Louie 541-401-1063

A replacement is being sent to me! I'm shipping back the busted one and the guide rod back to Galloway. They went from "it's not our problem" to "i wanna take a look" pretty quick. While I'm not happy about what has happened, I'm happy with the current resolution.

Now the replacement will only get the trigger and sights... no other changes.

Update:
Galloway has replaced my SD40 with another. I've shipped back my paperweight to them along with my factory and their guide rod and spring. They've pulled the 22# spring option from their website after hearing of similar problems in the last two weeks.
I doubt I'll hear more at this point, but it might happen.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top