JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
None that I have seen. For a local pick up, probably one of the gun shows. Not allot of once fired 300blk out there. For any 300blk brass most are picking them up vrs leaving them on the ground for range chickens.

Properly converted 5.56 works flawless for me. I say properly, as it has to be the right brass to start with. Most issues with converted brass is due to the wall thickness of some cases being too thick and the brass will not let the action go into battery. These are known 223 and 5.56 head stamps. For the most part LC 5.56 brass is great.

I am forming my own 300blk on a Dillon press with the 1500 Dillon trimmer and carbide die. Proper brass to start with = beautiful 300blk brass. I just shot over 100 rounds of it today. I have made probably over 3k and once I learned the wall thickness issues, have not had any issues with my brass.

I would not shy away from converted brass, again if its been done right.

I use once fired LC .223 brass, works great. Bought a Harbor Freight mini chop saw and a spring loaded jig off the internet made for it. Deprime, wet tumble and cut. Then fl resize and Giraud trim to length. Tumble again, prime and load.
Hornady 125gr SSTs have been very accurate at 100 yds, but expensive. Currently doing load development using Speer TNT and h100.

I use once fired LC .223 brass, works great. Bought a Harbor Freight mini chop saw and a spring loaded jig off the internet made for it. Deprime, wet tumble and cut. Then fl resize and Giraud trim to length. Tumble again, prime and load.
Hornady 125gr SSTs have been very accurate at 100 yds, but expensive. Currently doing load development using Speer TNT and h100.

I bought 150gr Hornady FJM-BT projectiles in bulk (2100) from Midway and used a free shipping coupon to get them at 17 cents each. I think the Lil Gun and the primer both come out to 3 cents each. I converted 5.56 brass I already had so my 300blk rounds are costing me 23 cents each.

I have found that LC brass has the best wall thickness vrs. RP and some .223 head stamped brass. So I did just buy bulk LC 5.56 brass all processed from FL for just under 9 cents each. Those will all turn into 300blk for me. So those loads will cost me just under 32 cents each.

300blk is one load that is actually way cheaper to load yourself. Of course we also know we are usually making a far better load than what we can buy typically loaded cheap.

Midway has some good sales every once in a while, I keep it in my wish list and pick up a box (50) just to keep my stock up. Not a lot of range brass lying around for me to scavenge. One of these days I'm going to have to get the tools to make my own, I have tons of 223 brass laying around.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top