JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I completely agree! 45ACP is a popular enough caliber that I think that every store should have some. At current prices, it shouldn't cost you an arm and a leg? Comparing prices and selection, Sportsmen's gouges you on the less popular ammunition when they even have it in stock. What do you think is a reasonable price for a box of 50 FMJ?
Pre pandemic pricing was around .37c a round for 45acp target loads, ($18.5 a box of 50)

What price would you expect for FMJ? Or other projectiles?
There are many offerings with steel case that when purchased from the right importer/online retailer can snag a box for $6.99, figuring that, depending on the order size I'd assume the LGS can mark the ammo up to 8.99 (which is still competitive) earning them $2 per box still being under $10 for FMJ which is on par with 5.56 plinking ammo right now.

The main three projectile types offered in cheaper steel case would simply be FMJ, HP, SP. I'd have the LGS tell buyers that for hunting the SP is much better than the HP, the HP tends to act more like FMJ.

Beyond that, for brass case I'd check out (Belom ammo) it was offered at one point in Bimart was awesome. Brass cased, sealed primer ammo $9.99 a box. Was really good stuff (for me). PPU also has good affordable brass cases ammo.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top