JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I really want to know what you think about your local ammunition dealer. What are they doing right and what are they doing wrong? What do you want to see at your dealer that they currently aren't doing?

I'm in the Medford area and my chief complaints are: 1. Prices are ridiculously high. 2. Poor selection. I'm lucky to find more than one or two manufacturers in each caliber. 3. Not much stock on hand. 4. Very few places sell cases. 5. Not much selection.

I really want to know what you all think or are experiencing. Thank you so much!

Sounds to me like you've found something for you to do for the greater good. You could stock all the different types of ammo of all the calibers ever made in bulk quantities and resell it in user amounts for fun and profit. Let me know when you are ready to place an order.

My G32.4 is the most accurate shooter of all 12 of my Glocks! Even the ones pimped out with KKM barrels.
It has better terminal ballistics (ft-lbs.) than a 45ACP, in a much smaller package! Great for EDC. Yes, it's a pain to reload for, but the benefits are worth it.

I bought another G20.4 right B4 the G20.5 came out, so I had to buy my fourth G20 because I wanted a G20 gen 5 M.O.S. Hence, I want a G32.5 (they don't make a G32.5 yet).
The gen 5's have a better trigger, barrel, front serrations, etc.
The 5th Gen .40 cals also have a fat slide, making then incompatible with most infrastructure we Glock people already own. A big minus for me. Saying the gen 5 has a better trigger and barrel is subjective, though I agree about the slide serrations. My "best" triggers and most accurate Glock happen to be Gen 3s fwiw. Were I a betting man, I'd say the .357 Glocks will never see gen 5 or 6 or anything. They're just not commercially popular

The 5th Gen .40 cals also have a fat slide, making then incompatible with most infrastructure we Glock people already own. A big minus for me. Saying the gen 5 has a better trigger and barrel is subjective, though I agree about the slide serrations. My "best" triggers and most accurate Glock happen to be Gen 3s fwiw. Were I a betting man, I'd say the .357 Glocks will never see gen 5 or 6 or anything. They're just not commercially popular
:)

Last Edited:
Buy so much that the manufacturers give you incredible discounts. Turn it around at a $0.01 increase per round.

I'm in Medford and there is no 7.62X39 in any local store. What kind of variety are you wanting? Manufacturers, grain, tip? Or something else?
Everything. I think so many have a poor opinion of 7.62x39 because they haven't shot the various offerings. With the 7.62x39 ARs, now it's easy to take the caliber to better extremes in terms of accuracy.

I'd like to see affordable plinking ammo with various projectile types:
FMJ, HP, SP
Hunting ammo (more upscale offerings)
Brass cased ammo
Subsonic

I really want to know what you think about your local ammunition dealer. What are they doing right and what are they doing wrong? What do you want to see at your dealer that they currently aren't doing?
Im in the Portland area so I cant be a customer in Medford but heres my input....

I try to support the small independent stores but the one that was nearest to me was always out of 45acp. The reason is its not as popular at 9mm and then 40s&w... ok fine. But they were always out of bulk training ammo in 45. I get some things sell less than others, and Im not a store owner but... I just dont see why one particular item should intentionally be not stocked on some level. 45 is not exactly that obscure of a round either. IMO (and again, Im not a store owner so feel free to enlighten me on this...) there should always be at least one option on the shelf for something. If it doesnt sell quickly so be it but it will eventually and then another one can replace it while the next order arrives so keep two on hand? I dunno... something like that.
All I know is I spent a lot of money on 45acp at big box Sportsmans instead of the local store.... (and I often picked up some 9mm since I was there....)

Everything. I think so many have a poor opinion of 7.62x39 because they haven't shot the various offerings. With the 7.62x39 ARs, now it's easy to take the caliber to better extremes in terms of accuracy.

I'd like to see affordable plinking ammo with various projectile types:
FMJ, HP, SP
Hunting ammo (more upscale offerings)
Brass cased ammo
Subsonic
What price would you expect for FMJ? Or other projectiles?

Im in the Portland area so I cant be a customer in Medford but heres my input....

I try to support the small independent stores but the one that was nearest to me was always out of 45acp. The reason is its not as popular at 9mm and then 40s&w... ok fine. But they were always out of bulk training ammo in 45. I get some things sell less than others, and Im not a store owner but... I just dont see why one particular item should intentionally be not stocked on some level. 45 is not exactly that obscure of a round either. IMO (and again, Im not a store owner so feel free to enlighten me on this...) there should always be at least one option on the shelf for something. If it doesnt sell quickly so be it but it will eventually and then another one can replace it while the next order arrives so keep two on hand? I dunno... something like that.
All I know is I spent a lot of money on 45acp at big box Sportsmans instead of the local store.... (and I often picked up some 9mm since I was there....)
I completely agree! 45ACP is a popular enough caliber that I think that every store should have some. At current prices, it shouldn't cost you an arm and a leg? Comparing prices and selection, Sportsmen's gouges you on the less popular ammunition when they even have it in stock. What do you think is a reasonable price for a box of 50 FMJ?

I completely agree! 45ACP is a popular enough caliber that I think that every store should have some. At current prices, it shouldn't cost you an arm and a leg? Comparing prices and selection, Sportsmen's gouges you on the less popular ammunition when they even have it in stock. What do you think is a reasonable price for a box of 50 FMJ?
20.00 - 21.00

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top