Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

30.30 brass for a 32 win special

Discussion in 'Ammunition & Reloading' started by Bob243, Feb 11, 2014.

1. Bob243

Bob243 Kitsap County, Wa. Member

I'am wondering if 30.30 brass will work for a 32 win special if resized? I know 32 brass can work for 30.30.

2. Rick4070

Rick4070 Central Oregon coast Active Member

After doing a quick search for "Necking up .30-30 brass to .32 Special," it seems it is a common practice, the only thing would be that the brass will still be headstamped .30-30, and there is a little concern that a necked up .30-30 to .32 Spl. MIGHT fit in a well worn .30-30 chamber.
    There are quite a few cartridges that use necked up,(and down) cases, my .35 Whelen comes to mind, made from necked up .30-'06 brass, I did that for quite a while until factory .35 Whelen brass became available.

3. Trailboss

Trailboss Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

Yes, it's quite common.

4. derrickd95

derrickd95 Forest Grove Active Member

I can get new winchester 32 special brass right now there is nine 100 round bags available. Let me know if you guys need it.

5. Bob243

Thanks guys. I have heard you could, but was unsure, You should really mark the case by (marker or paint) and note on ammo box its stored in that's its 32 win spcl ammo, just in case

6. Bob243

How much and how much is shipping to 98353?
    Thanks
    Bob

7. rblsdad

rblsdad Gresham New Member

I have 2 boxes of mixed brass & a partial box of loaded 7 WW silvertips 11 RP, all 32 win special, they came from an estate, so I can't confirm that they are factory, but they do look factory, make me an offer if your interested.

Dave

8. Trailboss

Trailboss Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

Dave, besides your post being a thread jump which is actually not allowed per rules, you also did not put in a price for an item you are selling which is a second violation of the forum rules.

9. rblsdad

rblsdad Gresham New Member

sorry

10. bballer182

bballer182 Molalla Active Member

Where were u guys when I tried giving away 32 ammo and brass? I couldn't even give it away so I broke it all down and turned it into 30-30 food.

orygun and (deleted member) like this.
  11. Marine Airedale

Marine Airedale Central Oregon Coast Member

Absolutely, a good percentage of my brass for my 338 win mag says 7mm rem mag on it. Added benifit is it messes with peoples minds!

12. bballer182

bballer182 Molalla Active Member

Lol.

:Voice of a tard in the woods that found a piece of your brass that you have lost by accident: "dang ole dang mang, where you find a 7mm bullet that big to fit in that there hole?"

13. Marine Airedale

Marine Airedale Central Oregon Coast Member

Can not admit to ever loosing any brass. They and would probably revoke my being a veteran marine status or worse. I have been known to produce and show someone a '7mm Remington' loaded cartridge when asked what I shoot. The look on their face is well worth the cost of admission (the license and tag cost).

I do the same type of thing with my 30.06 Ackley Improved ... I must be genetically evil ... :-/