JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Every time I see something like this I cringe. My wife teaches special education, and can't understand why it infuriates me that teachers are not allowed to carry any thing for self defense.(not even pepper spray)

one was a home invasion... in Maple valley, 3 gunmen... shot the 27 year old victim 7 times. Kid lived!!! Right in front of a witness... Left her alive.

Jesus.

A big fat can of wasp spray in the desk drawer works every bit as good as pepper spray...
However, it *is* a violation of federal regulations to use it in a manner inconsistent with its labeling. (So make sure you keep a dead wasp in a jar that you can stick to the bad guy before the cops get there.)

MrB

This type of thing burns my backside so bad. Authorities really need to start cracking down a lot harder on people who violate stalking orders. Picking them up for violating them, slapping them on the wrist, and then letting them go just spurs them on to more serious actions.

When a judge sees fit to issue a stalking order a person who gets caught intentionally violating it should be locked up until they complete a full psych evaluation. I do not care it they have to sit in jail for weeks or even months.

If the system would stop filling cells with people who get caught with a joint in their pocket they would have plenty of room for the truly dangerous people.

This type of thing burns my backside so bad. Authorities really need to start cracking down a lot harder on people who violate stalking orders. Picking them up for violating them, slapping them on the wrist, and then letting them go just spurs them on to more serious actions.

When a judge sees fit to issue a stalking order a person who gets caught intentionally violating it should be locked up until they complete a full psych evaluation. I do not care it they have to sit in jail for weeks or even months.

If the system would stop filling cells with people who get caught with a joint in their pocket they would have plenty of room for the truly dangerous people.

+1000 :s0155:

I cant agree more, this is a clear cut situation where the system completely failed. How can someone who gets picked up on a stalking violation simply post bail and get right out? They are already messed up in the head, then they get arrested, which probably makes them even more crazy, then post bail and they are let loose with no questions asked!

This is what happens when people rely on police and the system for their well-being. My sister had a guy try to break into her house for 20min while on the phone with 911 and she still has nothing to protect herself.

Stupid people - let them be taken.

I guarantee if this teacher went on the offensive and took this guy on at his own game she'd be alive today. Same thing a Gould Hall at UW with a "stalkee" getting killed on the job. The criminals know everyone is un-armed. Fish in a barrel.....

I cant agree more, this is a clear cut situation where the system completely failed. How can someone who gets picked up on a stalking violation simply post bail and get right out? They are already messed up in the head, then they get arrested, which probably makes them even more crazy, then post bail and they are let loose with no questions asked!

The courts don't care about protecting people - just getting thier fine money. It's the same with nearly all LEO situations.

Hummm...........not sure about that, those pot smokers are very scary!:s0114:

Newsflash: the jails aren't full of people that had a joint in their pocket.

Seriously
Newsflash...and reality check. One of the highest rate of incarcerated offenses is multiple drug possession charges. Most often of amount way under any level that would be present if a person was dealing. People caught twice with small amounts of drugs are more likely to do time than people with a half dozen DUI's.

Newsflash: the jails aren't full of people that had a joint in their pocket.

"Approximately one-quarter of those people held in U.S. prisons or jails have been convicted of a drug offense. The United States incarcerates more people for drug offenses than any other country. With an estimated 6.8 million Americans struggling with drug abuse or dependence, the growth of the prison population continues to be driven largely by incarceration for drug offenses."
Source: Justice Policy Institute, "Substance Abuse Treatment and Public Safety," (Washington, DC: January 2008), p. 1. http://www.justicepolicy.org/images/upload/08_01_REP_DrugTx_AC-PS.pdf[/quote]

"A substantial number of drug law violators sentenced to incarceration in Bureau of Prisons custody can be classified as "low-level". Using one set of criteria which limited offenders to no current or prior violence in their records, no involvement in sophisticated criminal activity and no prior commitment, there were 16,316 Federal prisoners who could be considered low-level drug law violators. They constituted 36.1 percent of all drug law offenders in the prison system and 21.2 percent of the total sentenced Federal prison population.
If we further restricted the population to those offenders with zero criminal history points - according to U.S. Sentencing Commission rules, there were 12,727 Federal prisoners who could be considered low-level drug law violators. They constituted 28.2 percent of all drug offenders in the prison system and 16.6 percent of all sentenced prisoners."

Source: U.S. Department of Justice: An Analysis of Non-violent Drug Offenders with Minimal Criminal Histories, February 1994

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top