JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This type of thing burns my backside so bad. Authorities really need to start cracking down a lot harder on people who violate stalking orders. Picking them up for violating them, slapping them on the wrist, and then letting them go just spurs them on to more serious actions.

When a judge sees fit to issue a stalking order a person who gets caught intentionally violating it should be locked up until they complete a full psych evaluation. I do not care it they have to sit in jail for weeks or even months.

If the system would stop filling cells with people who get caught with a joint in their pocket they would have plenty of room for the truly dangerous people.

This is probably the only time I will ever dissagree with anything you have said Penguin.

Many of the domestic crimes reported are over-exageratted and weigh heavily against the male. A lot of females know this and use these laws to get back at their Exs and current significant others. We all ask that we are found to be innocent until proven guilty...nevertheless, these types are crimes are more about what she said happened (whether it is true or not).

I'm sure that if you had a psycho ex-girlfriend that tried to fry your butt on the coals you would want to be judged fairly and impartially...just because you happened to be walking down the road and she sees you driving by- all of a sudden you are stalking her? You file a restraining or a "No contact" order against her (which works both ways) then she sees you "following her" around town.

The "reality check" of it is is that police have no obligation to protect you. None whatsoever. They have a duty to the community and not the individual. If women want to be protected, they should carry a firearm and learn how to defend themselves like any other red-blooded human being.

I only truely have sympathy for those that work or live in areas that they cannot carry firearms to defend themselves from being victims...those citizens are the true victims in violent offenses.

*edit*

Also you are way over generalizing the prison population and drug crimes. Many people incarcerated in Minimum to Medium custody have multiple drug offenses that go way beyond a "joint in their pocket".

Saying otherwise is just ignorant.

This is probably the only time I will ever dissagree with anything you have said Penguin.

Many of the domestic crimes reported are over-exageratted and weigh heavily against the male. A lot of females know this and use these laws to get back at their Exs and current significant others. We all ask that we are found to be innocent until proven guilty...nevertheless, these types are crimes are more about what she said happened (whether it is true or not).

I'm sure that if you had a psycho ex-girlfriend that tried to fry your butt on the coals you would want to be judged fairly and impartially...just because you happened to be walking down the road and she sees you driving by- all of a sudden you are stalking her? You file a restraining or a "No contact" order against her (which works both ways) then she sees you "following her" around town.

The "reality check" of it is is that police have no obligation to protect you. None whatsoever. They have a duty to the community and not the individual. If women want to be protected, they should carry a firearm and learn how to defend themselves like any other red-blooded human being.

I only truely have sympathy for those that work or live in areas that they cannot carry firearms to defend themselves from being victims...those citizens are the true victims in violent offenses.

*edit*

Also you are way over generalizing the prison population and drug crimes. Many people incarcerated in Minimum to Medium custody have multiple drug offenses that go way beyond a "joint in their pocket".

Saying otherwise is just ignorant.
Still, it takes a pretty substantial amount of evidence to get a sustained order. It is not like they are handed out like candy. To act like they are would be a gross exaggeration. In fact saying we should go easy on people that violate stalking orders because a small number of them are innocent of wrong doing is the same kind of logic that says we should outlaw guns because a small number of people misuse them. If you have an order against you obey it until your day in court. If you chose not to obey it then go to jail.

As for the drug offenders, a large portion of drug offenders have no other ties to crime and have no offenses beyond minor possession. That is a statistical fact.

As for the drug offenders, a large portion of drug offenders have no other ties to crime and have no offenses beyond minor possession. That is a statistical fact.

Initially, yes...and then some tards seam to rack up more offenses while they are incarcerated.

I wont dissagree with you at all that drug offenses are grossly over-criminalized while other offenses (like say assault with a deadly weapon) are under punished. Drug offenses are non-violent crimes...but they are crimes and criminals should be punished. Weed or Heroin, if it is illegal then they should be punished for it, you're not going to win that arguement with me there.

If anyone THINKS that the jails are full of people that were busted simply for having a joint in their pocket (and i know the intrerpretation is quite literal) , even multiple times, they are retarded... Being a recovered addict myself, I assure you... IF youre incarcerated for ANY length of time, you had more than a joint in your pocket... in fact, id bet you had an ounce or better these days... other drugs much less.

Now since its illegal and if you get caught and dont have the proper rights to have it yes, you deserve to be punished, I know there are police on this board, and trust me... Coming from where I come from I get it. And agree, that being said... Rehabilitation CAN work, it did with me. EVERY time I ever ended up in jail... Guess what... I was guilty of one thing or another. AS CHARGED.

I thank The treatment center I went to for showing me the way to having a life beyond drugs... One better than I could have ever imagined... To actually be able to enjoy the freedomm afforded to me by living in this kick *** country... To appreciate the rights given to me...

But I assure you there is NO ONE in jail costing taxpayers a bubblegum ton of money for having a joint in their pocket.... Not even for having a FEW, pretty much less than an ounce (if not habitual or being sold)... You arent doing poop for time

I dont understand how the teacher could have possibly been killed.

She did everything that the hand-wringers and granola-eaters told her to do. She got a restraining order, and went to her "gun-free zone" workplace unarmed. There werent supposed to be any icky guns there, and the mean man that murdered her was supposed to honor the piece of paper that told him to stay 1000 feet away.

I guess its time for another candlelight vigil and a group hug. Who knows, maybe some politician will show up to tell us that we need to pass some more laws against those icky guns.

The other day my girlfriend asked me why I was going to carry my gun with me. These kind of people being alive is the exact reason. Her dad also said I was "dumb" to keep a gun in my car or truck (locked up). You never know when somebody is going to try to hurt you or others, premeditated or when they lose their mind. I always want to have protection. Every time I'm in a mall, I think, what would I do if some guy started shooting. Its pretty scary to think about it if you don't have a gun with you. Also another reason I keep my handgun right next to the bed, on the dresser with the Surefire next to it, the night sights make it easy to find too!

I dont understand how the teacher could have possibly been killed.

She did everything that the hand-wringers and granola-eaters told her to do. She got a restraining order, and went to her "gun-free zone" workplace unarmed. There werent supposed to be any icky guns there, and the mean man that murdered her was supposed to honor the piece of paper that told him to stay 1000 feet away.

I guess its time for another candlelight vigil and a group hug. Who knows, maybe some politician will show up to tell us that we need to pass some more laws against those icky guns.

This

But I assure you there is NO ONE in jail costing taxpayers a bubblegum ton of money for having a joint in their pocket.... Not even for having a FEW, more than once.
Wa state law mandates 90 days incarceration for a third conviction of any amount of pot.....or paraphernalia ....So you are kinda right....Some are in for possessing a pipe.......

Wa state law mandates 90 days incarceration for a third conviction of any amount of pot.....or paraphernalia ....So you are kinda right....Some are in for possessing a pipe.......

What the law says and what happens are two entirely dofferent things. Nolt sure how mauch eperioence people might have with the subject, dont care.. BUT the bottom line is that people running around being retards with weapons that make an already hot issue even more visibly arguable are a detriment to us than any stoner running around with 8032475805720857 joints in their pocket.

What the law says and what happens are two entirely dofferent things. Nolt sure how mauch eperioence people might have with the subject, dont care.. BUT the bottom line is that people running around being bubblegums with weapons that make an already hot issue even more visibly arguable are a detriment to us than any stoner running around with 8032475805720857 joints in their pocket.
I'm not sure what you are trying to say here......No offense............

By mandate, I mean..If you are convicted(edit to add; 3 times) of possession of even a small amount of pot...Or paraphernalia...You will spend 90 days in the greybar hotel.....

If you violate a restraining order.....not so much....

My wife is a retired Juvenile Probation Officer, don't get her started on all the little "innocent" stoners. I have to add many of her "clients" have come back to her years later on the straight and narrow and thanked her. Spad

I am sure there is no need to mention that in Oregon possession of less then an ounce of marijuana is a misdemeanor punishable by a maximum fine of $100.

If I recall correctly in washington posession of paraphenalia alone, not even drugs themselves, has a mandatory minimum sentence of 90 days in jail *and* a $1000 dollar fine. I don't know for sure, but I would almost be willing ot bet money that the minimum sentence for violating a restraining order is nowhere near that harsh.

Still, it takes a pretty substantial amount of evidence to get a sustained order. It is not like they are handed out like candy. To act like they are would be a gross exaggeration. In fact saying we should go easy on people that violate stalking orders because a small number of them are innocent of wrong doing is the same kind of logic that says we should outlaw guns because a small number of people misuse them. If you have an order against you obey it until your day in court. If you chose not to obey it then go to jail.

I agree completely about putting the violator away until he/she is evaluated by a bug doctor. AND however, this guy's mug was posted and everyone was briefed about the situtation when the court order was issued. Why (according to wittnesses) was he allowed to hang around the school for two hours before the women got there. By court order he was banned from being within 1000 ft of the school. What were those people who saw him thinking???? 911 anyone!!!

Ed

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads