JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Prison shop AR, I love it. Thats awesome.

So, not even a test fire with a long string and blast shield (vehicle)?

Im not ready to sacrifice the real parts to that kind of demolition. :)

on a side note, silver soldering this hunk of junk actually helped me figure out how to silver solder the rear sight base on my Finish mosin. So at least it was not a complete waste of time. Saved me the cost of a gunsmith on that one.

I have a $100 welder.... and cant weld.... but I present anyway: Prison shop AR MARK 2! Im going to try and shoot this one.

smrwU0i.jpg

n6cEndA.jpg

I used a trigger and hammer to make sure I had it aligned. The hardest part is aligning the pin holes and to make sure the floor of the trigger pocket isnt too high and interfering with the trigger. pretty good fit considering I welded it.

Bolus, what welding process did you use?

I have never been taught one thing about welding. I have a cheap Harbor Frieght Chinese wire feed welder. I have had pretty good results welding HK receivers. Including welding the rear sight base, the cocking tube, The semi shelf, and even welding the trunion in place. I do go back and clean up the welds.

Looking at the weld-beads in the photo, it appears there wasn't enough consistent heat penetration as well as the feeding speed on the wire was a bit off.

Having said that, the piece has a "ghetto" sort of appeal! ;)

I think you meant "you suck at welding" I was messing with the power setting a lot I got a few good beads there towards the end

I think you meant "you suck at welding" I was messing with the power setting a lot I got a few good beads there towards the end

I got a little bit of welding training during my apprenticeship, but honestly, most electricians don't do much welding, so you never get any practice. I found it difficult to get nice beads and maintain control over heat and feed. I definitely preferred the wire feed to the stick welder though. I gained an appreciation for how good pro welders are at what they do. It certainly is a skill that takes a lot of time to develop.

I enjoyed playing with the oxy/acetylene cutting torch too :)

I like the lower. Very cool. I'm looking forward to the range test.

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top