JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
What is it going on? What sort of setup do you like to run your sling? Single point? 3 point? 2 point?

I've been using magpul slings for a while and like them a lot.
Yeah, I have both single point and 2pt slings for my ARs.... but when OP said SHTF, I immediately thought of bolt action rifle.... durability, ease of use, fewer moving parts, ruggedness, etc, so that's why I was thinking military sling. I was thinking survival, not BOOGALOO.

I have various hunting slings, but I think the simpler the better for SHTF, and for preppers maybe it's something that sits stored away or in actual SHTF gets beat around a lot. My nylon slings store well but won't take a lot of rubbing on other stuff, that's why I think a leather sling is better for SHTF.

For SHTF my first thought is AR15. My favorite sling is the Magpul MS4 QDM. Everything I wanted fixed in previous slings is fixed on this one, and everything I use is already on it.

I'd prefer a loop for adjusting length, but that's probably just because I'm used to it, and the slider works fine.

Best slings for a traditional rifle I've found...have 4 of them. 2- 11/4" 2- 1" Chicago

Great slings, LOVE them.

I ran BFG Slings for years, but saw the Ferro Concepts Slingster and haven't looked back.

The BFG is still military issued. The plus and minus to the BFG...it's built like a tank. The minus...it's built like a tank.

The Slingster has a bit thinner and slicker material, which makes it easier to adjust, which I don't unless
I'm going hands on or taking a break...I run my slings mostly necklace style. But the material makes it easier to switch shoulders without wrapping yourself up and is way more forgiving in many situations...but as usual to each as they operate.

Another vote for the QD magpul MS4. Gives you a single or double point sling. I like having the option within a single piece of gear.

87989A13-FB1F-4170-B6BB-93C24041A8D9.jpeg 2242DD4B-454B-4AA1-9E4B-8085FA56CCB4.jpeg

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top