JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Yep, was frustrated blowing ammo no change. Would have been nice to know but this $125 barrel was about to get the scrap can. Now it seems okay. I feel the chamber scrub was big. Hitting the crown with a tool (a little bit) didnt do much of anything.
Now there's the question of *why* a simple chamber scrub did it. Was there some piece of metal in there deforming the bullets? Something else? I realize we may never know…still…seems off that a simple chamber scrub/polish had that much effect.

Now there's the question of *why* a simple chamber scrub did it. Was there some piece of metal in there deforming the bullets? Something else? I realize we may never know…still…seems off that a simple chamber scrub/polish had that much effect.
If you look at my YouTube video
I show before / after shots of the chamber throat. You can almost.see a ridge of brass in the throat. There is still at least 1 bad spot in the throat tho.

If you look at my YouTube video
I show before / after shots of the chamber throat. You can almost.see a ridge of brass in the throat. There is still at least 1 bad spot in the throat tho.
You could try felt/wool pellets on a cleaning rod with lapping compound or a fire lapping kit.

Wheeler fire lapping kit:
4C5357F5-E9E9-4B06-8AC7-99963C38FBAA.jpeg

Lapping compound at Amazon:

C71ADE7A-A32E-4496-92DC-1C1A8CA00858.jpeg
06DBC2DE-C555-430E-80D8-77FA2FA726CE.jpeg
FC1A51E4-955F-44CC-A060-3084B64367DE.jpeg

Last Edited:
As the owner of many lathes, splitting a piece of brake line tube (or bore reamer tube if you have that laying around) to accept a piece of sand paper is the standard for sanding bores. Various grits can make for the finest finishing.
I really have not put a ton of ammo thru this thing so at this point I feel like a terrible rough chamber job leaded up super fast.
It should be set back and re chambered but I'm getting tired of dumping my time in to a $125 barrel.

Yep, was frustrated blowing ammo no change. Would have been nice to know but this $125 barrel was about to get the scrap can. Now it seems okay. I feel the chamber scrub was big. Hitting the crown with a tool (a little bit) didnt do much of anything.
Nah.
That's just cleaning furnace.
Of the two, the crown has a metric ton more influence on bullet flight.

Wow that is indeed a crappy chamber. I personally would put flitz on a felt and make this so shiny youll see your face in it! Thats how I got feeding issues resolved in a 1911 build. I have the cmmg concersion kit that has the chamber like a 223 case adapter and its pretty accurate (hit clays at 80 yards no problem)

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top