JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have a 23 I run 9mm in. Got a Lone Wolf conversion barrel and some 9mm mags. Nothing else. Works perfectly. Don't see any reason it wouldn't work for you, but I'm not seeing such a barrel on their site. May not exist...

Edited to add....looks like the slides are different.

Last Edited:
You can't convert to .40 because the .40 barrel diameter is too large for the slide of the Glock 17. You can do the opposite, convert a Glock 22 to 9mm, because conversion barrels fill up that diameter spacing to fit the slide, they also make adjustments to use the stock .40 extractor...make sense?

You can buy a Glock 22 slide, and some Glock 22 mags..and be good to go, but I would trade in the G17 for a G22 and buy the Lone Wolf Barrel..just my $.02

You can't convert to .40 because the .40 barrel diameter is too large for the slide of the Glock 17. You can do the opposite, convert a Glock 22 to 9mm, because conversion barrels fill up that diameter spacing to fit the slide, they also make adjustments to use the stock .40 extractor...make sense?

You can buy a Glock 22 slide, and some Glock 22 mags..and be good to go, but I would trade in the G17 for a G22 and buy the Lone Wolf Barrel..just my $.02
200.gif

Good day all. I have a gen 3 full frame G 17 running 9mm. I would to run 40 S&W through it. What do I need to do? All help is greatly appreciated.
Why not buy a .40 instead? One in excellent condition in clackamas below. If I didn't already have one I would buy it. I've seen it and it's in excellent condition. $369 out the door.

Last Edited:
I just got lucky back in 2013. I didn't know anything about Glocks, but flipped the coin between the G17 and G22 and it came up G22. It really came down to ammo availability. When you went to Walmart (back then they still sold ammo), there was literally NO 9mm or 22LR on the shelves..just some .357 and lots of .40.

So I went with the G22.

Then I started looking into prepping, SHTF situations and it became apparent there would be more 9mm laying around than .40, so I either would need to buy a 9mm..or look into conversion. Glad Lone Wolf came through with the conversion barrel.

So that's may take..it's good to have both 9mm and .40 available. Now I've added a G43x to the mix, but my favorite 'shooter' is still the .40.

I would buy the entire Glock 22. Slide prices are ridiculous. This one is a pretty good price.

I would buy the entire Glock 22. Slide prices are ridiculous. This one is a pretty good price.

Holy cr@p that's a good deal. $269

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads