JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
4162EDF5-AAED-4AEB-92ED-CECAD75D1144.png 4BEB0A41-5685-47E0-880D-0A55192488D8.png
This part is inside the Lee .223 charging die. I took pictures of both ends. I wonder if which end is up?

I got the bigger opening end up but it seemed to spill powder. At first, it was OK, then it spilled a little (my charge was 24.0 and about 19-22 left in the case when it's spilled) Then it spilled 1 every 5-10 cases. I machined a more angled cone with a section that hold the case mouth and it doesn't spill any more. I also got powder leakage from the lee auto drum powder measure but got it fixed.

I got the bigger opening end up but it seemed to spill powder. At first, it was OK, then it spilled a little (my charge was 24.0 and about 19-22 left in the case when it's spilled) Then it spilled 1 every 5-10 cases. I machined a more angled cone with a section that hold the case mouth and it doesn't spill any more. I also got powder leakage from the lee auto drum powder measure but got it fixed.
That's not good. Maybe give Lee a call in the morning.

Sounds like something is wrong.

I had issues charging .223 with leakage then I realized I was raising the case too much and was causing some flare making powder ride the rim of the case.

Raised the powder drop a couple of turns and problem solved.

AE4EEC23-5002-4A73-8969-9AB9F376629C.jpeg 13A5A83A-F526-4625-AA57-1E7C4B851FF3.png
I tried to adjust the die up and down many times. It seemed to spill more when I raised it a little. I machined a new powder actuator piece. Made it longer with steeper angle and a section to position the case mouth, problem solved.

View attachment 464669 View attachment 464670
I tried to adjust the die up and down many times. It seemed to spill more when I raised it a little. I machined a new powder actuator piece. Made it longer with steeper angle and a section to position the case mouth, problem solved.

Yes, that was/is the problem.

I have the same type of drawing when I had the issue. Lol.

My taper in the bushing was ever so slightly crimping the neck when ran too high. Powder sat on case mouth and would logjam there. Powder everywhere.

Glad you were able to fix it that way.

Sounds like something is wrong.

I had issues charging .223 with leakage then I realized I was raising the case too much and was causing some flare making powder ride the rim of the case.

Raised the powder drop a couple of turns and problem solved.

You mean like this, these happened when I was first starting out in reloading with my newly-acquired RCBS single stage press. What can I say I was a newbie.:p:p:p

20171019_125450.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads