JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
For just general plinking and target shooting, my TX seems to really like Aguila copper plated, both the 40 grain solid point and the 38 grain hollow point, which is fine by me since this ammo is inexpensive and plentiful. But as I mentioned, I really haven't been able to find any ammo that my TX has problems with, and believe me I've tried. It even runs the cheap and dirty ammo like Thunderbolt and Armscor without choking. My advice would be to pick up a few 50-round boxes of ammo from different manufacturers and see how your particular gun likes it and if you are happy with the accuracy. Once you find something both you and your gun like you can invest in bulk of the preferred ammo. I know there's a lot of hate for Taurus out there, but I really think they hit a home run with the TX 22. I've been extremely satisfied with mine. Now the P322, that's a different story. It is VERY picky about the ammo it will run (yes, I know the mags for the 322's need to be properly and very carefully loaded). It's been unreliable since day one, and is about to go back to Sig for the third time. I have some Herter's hollow points that the TX will eat all day long and ask for more, but the P322 can't cycle more than two of them without jamming.
I've been reading and watching videos of the Sig 322. Currently, they sell for 350.00 with a rebate. I have been wanting to get one and it has 20 rd mags before Measure 114 takes into effect
There is a lot of negative about it so I decided not to get one.. Problems like jamming and lead fouling in the barrels. My TX22 has been reliable with most bulk ammo.

Its nice to go target shooting right now. Any other indoor around Sherwood - Newberg besides threat dynamics. I wanna try some place else. I feel like taking the TX22 and the AR15-22 rifle. I got plently of magazines filled already.

You might say I'm partial to Rugers. The one on the right was Grandpa's and is the first pistol I ever shot. I figured out how to get it apart and back together when I was 11 or so, and have shot thousands of rounds through it. Extremely accurate handgun. The one on the left I bought it cuz it was a good price. Now I'm kinda thinking I need a 4", too.

Pair of em 2.jpg

You might say I'm partial to Rugers. The one on the right was Grandpa's and is the first pistol I ever shot. I figured out how to get it apart and back together when I was 11 or so, and have shot thousands of rounds through it. Extremely accurate handgun. The one on the left I bought it cuz it was a good price. Now I'm kinda thinking I need a 4", too.

View attachment 1778990
First handgun I ever had that was mine was an original MK. It was WELL used when I got it and I burned a train car load of ammo through it. Still kick myself that I let someone talk me out of it long ago. Now have them in 4inch, 5.5 inch BB, and 10 inch BB. They are one iconic little pistol.

The TX 22 is a bundle o' fun. I bought a standard then waited for the comp slide to come into stock and now have both the standard slide and the competition slide. The 10 round mags are easily converted to standard size (just remove a plastic knobby) so get whatever deal you can for the gun and mags. Cheap fun.
1702304210857.png
Took one look at that picture and my brain went straight to....

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top