JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Thread ressurection.
I was wondering if anyone tried this on the TX22 and does it fires properly? would you recommend it? Thanks.

22 LR STINGER 32GR CPHP
CCI
Model #: STINGER

1698768886701.png

Thread ressurection.
I was wondering if anyone tried this on the TX22 and does it fires properly? would you recommend it? Thanks.

22 LR STINGER 32GR CPHP
CCI
Model #: STINGER

View attachment 1752308
I haven't shot any CCI Stinger, but I did recently run some old Federal Spitfire through my TX 22, which is also a hyper-velocity round. It went through it no problem. FWIW I have yet to find any ammo that my TX DOESN'T like. Now my P322, that's a different story - it hates just about everything.

Overall I've always had good results with CCI ammo no matter what gun it goes into.

I haven't shot any CCI Stinger, but I did recently run some old Federal Spitfire through my TX 22, which is also a hyper-velocity round. It went through it no problem. FWIW I have yet to find any ammo that my TX DOESN'T like. Now my P322, that's a different story - it hates just about everything.

Overall I've always had good results with CCI ammo no matter what gun it goes into.
What grain do you feel is right normally use to your TX22 .
Excellent info and I'll take notes so I know what to buy for that particular gun.
My other 22LR rifle, I have to use atleast 36 grain and plated not lead.

Excellent info and I'll take notes so I know what to buy for that particular gun.
What are you using the pistol for? "Right" depends on what you are wanting the pistol to do. Is this for "fun"? Hunting / pest control? Defense?
If just for fun whatever works and is cheapest. Pest control hunting? Any good HP that the pistol likes. Every .22 seems to have a personal favorite for accuracy but, in a pistol like this its not like you are trying to do serious target shooting so the difference will probably not even be noticed.

As I have a sickness that I've mentioned in other threads, need advice on a new .22 pistol. I have my dad's Hi-Standard and a Ruger Single-ten but feel compelled to have a new one. Should I get a new auto piston or a conversion kit for a 1911?

Thanks
I personally love the ruger mk pistols and they have a decent after market, you can even find integrally suppressed uppers for a reasonable price

Just for shooting range target only
In that case I would look for what the pistol likes (as in feeds well) and you get cheaper. All my .22's are auto's. I buy "better" ammo for them only because nothing ruins a shooting session for me more than ammo that causes lots of jams. In a hand gun like this its normal that any ammo that works is going to be accurate to the point of finding it hard to see a difference. I have only ever had one kind that was noticeably bad. Couple panics back Wife trying to help bought a HUGE bunch of some Federal Value Pack stuff that I still have some of around here. None of the guns would feed it well and accuracy was like nothing I had ever seen. Even off hand I could see the ammo was wild. So find what it feeds and you can get by the case. Then have lots of cheap fun. I don't remember yet hearing a negative report on these pistols from anyone since they hit. Everyone seems to really love them.

Off a bit... I have PSA AR15 5.56 with a CMMG BRAVO .22 LR AR CONVERSION KIT.
They said this one is a bit picky. As recommended by CMMG:
"We tend to test fire with *Federal Champion 36gr 22LR copper plated hollow points*, as they're relatively inexpensive but run with high reliability."
I will have to make time as early as I can to fire that 22LR both pistol and rifle before I stock up.
This is probably the main reason why I was asking these questions.
Not like on my other guns with 9mm. Pretty much I fired so many rounds in it no problem and I'm all set on that department.
Thank you for the quick response.

Last Edited:
For just general plinking and target shooting, my TX seems to really like Aguila copper plated, both the 40 grain solid point and the 38 grain hollow point, which is fine by me since this ammo is inexpensive and plentiful. But as I mentioned, I really haven't been able to find any ammo that my TX has problems with, and believe me I've tried. It even runs the cheap and dirty ammo like Thunderbolt and Armscor without choking. My advice would be to pick up a few 50-round boxes of ammo from different manufacturers and see how your particular gun likes it and if you are happy with the accuracy. Once you find something both you and your gun like you can invest in bulk of the preferred ammo. I know there's a lot of hate for Taurus out there, but I really think they hit a home run with the TX 22. I've been extremely satisfied with mine. Now the P322, that's a different story. It is VERY picky about the ammo it will run (yes, I know the mags for the 322's need to be properly and very carefully loaded). It's been unreliable since day one, and is about to go back to Sig for the third time. I have some Herter's hollow points that the TX will eat all day long and ask for more, but the P322 can't cycle more than two of them without jamming.

I got a 22lr conversion for my p938 and like it alot kinda hard to find but worth it.
Definitely could of bought a 22 pistol for the price but it's higher end and works great.

20210920_153309.jpg

I got a 22lr conversion for my p938 and like it alot kinda hard to find but worth it.
Definitely could of bought a 22 pistol for the price but it's higher end and works great.

View attachment 1752860
Interesting. So how does the conversion apply to the pistol? Is it like you switch the slide assembly and the magazine as youre showing in the picture? Thanks

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads