JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
As I have a sickness that I've mentioned in other threads, need advice on a new .22 pistol. I have my dad's Hi-Standard and a Ruger Single-ten but feel compelled to have a new one. Should I get a new auto piston or a conversion kit for a 1911?

Thanks

TX22 is a great pistol for sure, mine has been abused with suppressor duty and has only jammed once. More of a test to see how bad it would get first. Had to chip gunk out of the slide and frame before being able to clean.

The .22 M&P Compact has served me and my 2 sons well. Most reliable .22 auto I have among two 10/22s, a Beretta 21a, a MkII, MkIII 22/45, & a Marvel Unit 1.

I picked up an Sig P322 a few months ago. About 500 rounds through it and no issues. 20 and 25 round mags. Pre-cut for a red dot. It has a real nice feel to it and I'm very happy with accuracy.

The TX 22 is a bundle o' fun. I bought a standard then waited for the comp slide to come into stock and now have both the standard slide and the competition slide.

The 10 round mags are easily converted to standard size (just remove a plastic knobby) so get whatever deal you can for the gun and mags. Cheap fun.

16B2200D-18FD-420D-A41E-67A12E0CA250.jpeg

There are some nice top ends for a 1911 like Marvel used to make. Their one "downside" is cost. Good ones run almost as much as a nice new pistol and the damn mags tend to be pricey as hell. I am a die hard Ruger MK fan boy. Probably because one of the originals was the first hand gun I ever bought myself. Really hard to go wrong with a MKIV of your favorite flavor since there is a lot of them to choose from now. Damn near every new .22 pistol I see though I find myself wanting to buy :D

I have always owned Ruger Mark 3 or 2 pistols. I agree with @Alexx1401 it is hard to go wrong.
Love shooting 22 pistols. One of them are shot at every range trip. I would recommend a separate
pistol than a 1911 22 conversion. The Ruger 22/45 is a great trainer for a 1911 full size. I have no
problem with assembling the Mark 3 after owning several different Mark 2s for many years. You
can sure spend some money on the accessories. My Mark 3 has Volquartsen trigger kit, Hogue grips
and dot sight and mount. My SW22 Victory shoots really nice. But the accessories are more
exspensive than the Ruger. I have Tademkross everything on this Victory. Since the picture
I have upgraded the red dot mount on the Victory. Our club has some fun 22 pistol matches.
1678105663036.png

As I have a sickness that I've mentioned in other threads, need advice on a new .22 pistol. I have my dad's Hi-Standard and a Ruger Single-ten but feel compelled to have a new one. Should I get a new auto piston or a conversion kit for a 1911?

Thanks
I would buy a suppressor (if you don't already have one) and pistol or subgun to host it. You can get a good .22 suppressor for $350 including the stamp.

Last Edited:

Thanks
If you are willing to part with the $$$, An older K-Frame S&W, and/or a Ruger Mk IV.
Will satiate most of your rimfire handgun lust.
👍👍👍👍👍

If you are into the 'odd and unusual' keep your eye out for an early Bersa mod 644.

I 'stumbled' on this one several years ago (for a $100) while looking for a Walther PPK/S .22.

Well, with little to no experience with Bersa I was was pleasantly surprised. After a good cleaning It turned out to be glass smooth, with a fairly decent trigger (about 4.5 lb) and is very accurate.

IMG_2701.JPG

Last Edited:
If you are willing to part with the $$$, An older K-Frame S&W, and/or a Ruger Mk IV.
Will satiate most of your rimfire handgun lust.
👍👍👍👍👍
Sound advice! I have a newer S&W (617) and a couple MKIV's, and a couple MKII's, and a TX22, and a Wranger, and a SR22, and…..I think that covers the 22 pistols. Wait, a Colt New Frontier and a Bearcat POS Derringer, that's all, LOL

Sound advice! I have a newer S&W (617) and a couple MKIV's, and a couple MKII's, and a TX22, and a Wranger, and a SR22, and…..I think that covers the 22 pistols. Wait, a Colt New Frontier and a Bearcat POS Derringer, that's all, LOL
You need a threaded 21A......and a Mountain Eagle...it floats.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top