JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
As I have a sickness that I've mentioned in other threads, need advice on a new .22 pistol. I have my dad's Hi-Standard and a Ruger Single-ten but feel compelled to have a new one. Should I get a new auto piston or a conversion kit for a 1911?

Thanks
a conversion 22lr kit for 1911 costs as much as a new TX22 pistol. Lots of good reliable 22s out there.

And I ALSO know how to put it back together so it'll shoot. :)
So do I, as long as I'm watching the "how to" video. :p

I like the Mark IV. It makes life easier. No video needed. :s0152:

As big of a fan of the Ruger Marks as I am, my favorite .22 pistol right now is my S&W Victory. I had a S&W 22A and a S&W 22S. Didn't care for them at all. Sold both. The Victory on the other hand is my "go-to" grouse gun.

You can probably buy any modern .22 and it'll work fine. My favorite is my G44 because I shoot Glocks most anyway. That makes it the most familiar to me and I can put more center-fire parts in it than you'd think. It's currently sporting a polished trigger bar and minus connector. Of course, mine also seems to be the only one West of the Mississippi that actually works according to the Internet, so...

Lots of good choices available in .22 pistol.
I am another owner of a Taurus TX22 and it is a good pistol for the money, 16 round capacity and shaped similar to many 9mm handguns for practice purposes.
I own multiple CZ 9mm models and I purchased a CZ Kadet which allows temporarily replacing the 9mm slide and barrel with a .22 and use the high quality parts (s.a. trigger) found in the lower half of the CZ.
I like bullseye target shooting for accuracy, I would consider a Volquartsen if I were to buy another .22... There are a lot of good choices to be had

Last Edited:
I technically have a TX22 Competition, but my wife is constantly shooting it and as a result most of my time with it seems to be at the work bench cleaning it. :cool: IMHO, best shooting 22lr pistol I have tried.

My favorite so far, I highly recommend owning at least one Beretta, for the quality alone.

Just a ton of love for the TX22 in this thread. Not a gun I would have considered, because, well - Taurus. Now I'm thinking I may have to overcome my prejudice...

As a dealer I've handled, and tried, most of the 22 handguns, and own several of them. I really like the Sig Sauer P322. Slightly more than a TX22, but it seems worth more than the price difference would tell you. Nothing wrong with a TX22, as you can tell from this thread. I personally think the Sig is worth spending the extra money on.

P322, M&P 22, Ruger Mark IV, Walther PPQ 22lr are all great. Had a FN 502 which is made by Umarex and hated it. Features say the FN502 should have been everything I ever wanted but it was complete garbage based on mine and a good friend of mines. We have both since sold ours and replaced with P322's and have no regrets.

I have never been a big fan of .22 conversion slides and barrels. I would buy a pistol instead of a conversion. I just got a CP33 and have been very happy with it so far. I also like the looks of the Keltec P17 for its small size.

While I love my Ruger Mks, and their brother Browning Buckmark I don't shoot them much since I got a Sig P322.

Load the magazine correctly (easy to do) and it runs and runs. Flush mount or threaded mount so suppressed is easy, optic ready, flat and curved trigger shoes included, built in mag well, excellent sights and trigger, 20 or 25 round free fall magazines. What's not to like? With the right ammo the accuracy is pretty amazing.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top