JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
meh....

Why not make it look exactly like the old models but but use modern materials and safety features? Why make it look like someone took an old one and then put it through image compression and then tried to uncompress the image again and it ended up like a rectangle that had a vague resemplance of the original?

It will be nanny-fied with reduced accelerator pedal response, muffled sounds, "Driving assistance" that slams on the brakes the moment the tires appear to slip, seat belt chime screaming if you drive an inch without the seatbelt plugged in, some stupid computer radio/nav that was programed by a computer engineer in some India slum with no hands that will make you confirm you read the manual every time you start it and crash your phone 33% of the time, subscription only heated seats, 4200 lbs of evap controls, more plastic than the pacific garbage patch with multiple useless plastic panels covering every part of the engine, soy based harness coatings that rats love to eat.

Its like the corporate version of Led Zepplin replaced by a boy band on a reality show with songs written by the marketing department of a purse manufacturer.

meh....

Why not make it look exactly like the old models but but use modern materials and safety features? Why make it look like someone took an old one and then put it through image compression and then tried to uncompress the image again and it ended up like a rectangle that had a vague resemplance of the original?

It will be nanny-fied with reduced accelerator pedal response, muffled sounds, "Driving assistance" that slams on the brakes the moment the tires appear to slip, seat belt chime screaming if you drive an inch without the seatbelt plugged in, some stupid computer radio/nav that was programed by a computer engineer in some India slum with no hands that will make you confirm you read the manual every time you start it and crash your phone 33% of the time, subscription only heated seats, 4200 lbs of evap controls, more plastic than the pacific garbage patch with multiple useless plastic panels covering every part of the engine, soy based harness coatings that rats love to eat.

Its like the corporate version of Led Zepplin replaced by a boy band on a reality show with songs written by the marketing department of a purse manufacturer.
Sooo....how do you REALLY feel?? :D

meh....

Tooling unfortunately. No current platform I know of from GM has the same basic dimensions as the originals :(

When I had my 1970 Ford Maverick, and I couldn't buy leaded gas anymore, I had to add some concoction that bought at the auto parts store to add to the fuel. I cannot remember the name now but it was a lead substitute of some kind.
STP Octane Boost™ was the product that I had found that rejuvenated my old 1970 Volvo 142...

Octane Boost™ was the product that I had found for an older rig of mine.
Heck, I had a beater, 1964 bar car/grocery getter, Olds Delmont 88 with a factory 425 "Hight Compression" under the hood. When you look up "Auto Boat" there's a picture of that car. Octane Boost, Phhhst, It still would burn rubber clear through an intersecting on regular unleaded. Pinging like hell! :s0140:

Heck, I had a beater, 1964 bar car/grocery getter, Olds Delmont 88 with a factory 425 "Hight Compression" under the hood. When you look up "Auto Boat" there's a picture of that car. Octane Boost, Phhhst, It still would burn rubber clear through an intersecting on regular unleaded. Pinging like hell! :s0140:
I hated the ping. I knew what was going on when my rig started ringing. Hence, the Octane Boost...

This , this is the stuff of nightmares.....EEEKKK!!! :eek:
Led Zeppelin should be played often and loud....:D
Andy
rock and roll GIF

Last Edited:
Sooo....how do you REALLY feel?? :D
I was being nice :)

NHTSA, another government alphabet agency that ruined cars. Every car needs the exact same features and bumber height and rear parking cameras and lights and 40 airbags. After a while all the cars look exactly the same with just a different grille on the front. No small car manufacturer can get started because who has $50 million to crash test them all. Cars used to be built in garages. Even England has more freedom for small car manufacturers so they dont have to nanny-fy everything on the road until its a watered-down neutered vanilla non-binary subway train with some steering control.

story time, see if this sounds like Oregon politicians. I bought an Ariel Atom in 2006. Scaffolding, engine, wheels. That's it. Butt connected to seat, seat hard bolted to the frame, frame to wheels, wheels to tarmac. Pure car, nothing else.

Oregon decided, hey these dont have doors or 40 airbags, and revoked all the registrations. We went to the legislators and said, hey, you just killed the US manufacture of these cars. So they made this garbage of a law:

Can only drive it from home to track or to mechanic. In another section, it says it cant be driven on the highway. (by the way, the only way to get to Portland international raceway is by the highway).

So let me get this straight. I cant drive my 4 wheel car with a roll cage for a body with 6 point restraints on the highway in Oregon, but a motorcycle can?

You know what else the Oregon vehicle code says? You need windshield wipers EVEN IF YOU DONT HAVE A WINDSHIELD.

The bubblegum politicians have turned this entire country into a daycare center. And as a result we have the new 2024 Chevy Chevelle, which looks like a blob fish mated with a first aid kit.

(By the way, I am 100% certain that I am the only person in the world who had an Ariel Atom with a pistol holster mounted in it next to the fire suppression system)

I was being nice :)

NHTSA, another government alphabet agency that ruined cars. Every car needs the exact same features and bumber height and rear parking cameras and lights and 40 airbags. After a while all the cars look exactly the same with just a different grille on the front. No small car manufacturer can get started because who has $50 million to crash test them all. Cars used to be built in garages. Even England has more freedom for small car manufacturers so they dont have to nanny-fy everything on the road until its a watered-down neutered vanilla non-binary subway train with some steering control.

story time, see if this sounds like Oregon politicians. I bought an Ariel Atom in 2006. Scaffolding, engine, wheels. That's it. Butt connected to seat, seat hard bolted to the frame, frame to wheels, wheels to tarmac. Pure car, nothing else.

Oregon decided, hey these dont have doors or 40 airbags, and revoked all the registrations. We went to the legislators and said, hey, you just killed the US manufacture of these cars. So they made this garbage of a law:

Can only drive it from home to track or to mechanic. In another section, it says it cant be driven on the highway. (by the way, the only way to get to Portland international raceway is by the highway).

So let me get this straight. I cant drive my 4 wheel car with a roll cage for a body with 6 point restraints on the highway in Oregon, but a motorcycle can?

You know what else the Oregon vehicle code says? You need windshield wipers EVEN IF YOU DONT HAVE A WINDSHIELD.

The bubblegum politicians have turned this entire country into a daycare center. And as a result we have the new 2024 Chevy Chevelle, which looks like a blob fish mated with a first aid kit.

(By the way, I am 100% certain that I am the only person in the world who had an Ariel Atom with a pistol holster mounted in it next to the fire suppression system)
Says it's road-legal. Are you saying that it's not just in OR? That is so sux0r... :(

Those things look hawt! Now I want one...

Says it's road-legal. Are you saying that it's not just in OR? That is so sux0r... :(

Those things look hawt! Now I want one...
"road legal" is different for every state just like "assault rifle" is different for california and Idaho. Every state has to have their political think tank come up with a way to pretend they know what is best for everyone.

This was mine:

I did the "loop hole" and registered it with the kit car law so I could drive it on the highway

Wow definitely NOT for me. Used to love the look of the 66 chevelle. Other than the 71'ish chevelle grille, this car his car looks to be closer to the 71' olds 442 to my eye:

2013-11-16-1972-442-1-624-640 (1).jpg
2016-05-31-1971-442-1-2514-640.jpg

it means if I wanna Chevelle I'm gonna buy a Chevelle not some bastardized liberals imitation of one.
I guess I didn't get ☝️ that meaning ☝️from 👇this statement 👇. I'm struggling to understand your language... :D

A hard pass sequels always suck. Except predator 2 that movie rocks.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top