JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Growing up in the 60's and 70's I REALLY like some of the new models they have come up with last decade or so that hearken back to the old muscle cars of my youth. The Challenger is another that every time I see one temps me to head out to a dealer. I can just see the look on Wife's face if I drive home with one of those. Telling her well just like some of my guns this just followed me home. :s0140:

They've all got massive "chins" and tiny mouths relative to the chins. Now, 1" -2" of maybe simply a black, or even chrome trim piece that ends in sharp points, divides the top and bottom halves.. maybe gives them better proportions... for the extremely deep sides... a cheat panel of black on the bottom that gives the impression of a waist/coke bottle shape, maybe would work best here...

Looks like a Camaro and a Challenger had a baby.

A really, really ugly baby.

The new Charger concept looks a lot cooler. Jury is still out on the EV part though.

CN022_001DGmj9se71rgdnrearjn7ugp4sbhb_0.jpg

I really hate all the cars with extremely tall bodies and relatively tiny windows.... I mean, I get the whole safety thing with bank vault doors but at the cost of reduced visibility and larger blind spots? I don't know

1st car I owned ....way back ...was a 1970 Chevelle. SS..with a 350.V8 small block...:D
Fun car for sure....dark blue with white racing stripes....sold it for a pretty penny when I joined the army.

The new one looks good....is it the same as a vintage Chevelle...Nope...but if I wanted a vintage Chevelle...I would buy one.
I don't expect the new one to be a carbon copy of the old one.
Andy

1st car I owned ....way back ...was a 1970 Chevelle. SS..with a 350.V8 small block...:D
Fun car for sure....dark blue with white racing stripes....sold it for a pretty penny when I joined the army.

The new one looks good....is it the same as a vintage Chevelle...Nope...but if I wanted a vintage Chevelle...I would buy one.
I don't expect the new one to be a carbon copy of the old one.
Andy
Nice taste in first cars. Mine was a 66 Chev pickup, big back window and factory 327.

Some of the cars I had when I was young, dumb, and full of gum
1969 barracuda- 4 speed
1969 Chevelle -4 speed
1968 Camaro - 4 speed
Among others, sure miss the barracuda 3.91 gears and a 426

The only thing new that had any appeal to me was the Dodge Challenger

Last Edited:
These new cars? How long before you pull into a parking spot and destroy the plastic CRAP under the front end on a curb? "Ground effects"? Ooooooooo! A'm cool! Goin' to DAYTONA! What if you live somewhere that gets 6 " of snow sometimes?
They should have put the thing on a serious diet before it left the drawing table too. Looks like an overfed baby.

And what have they done to exhaust tone? Though Mopar muscle is the best, to me. This is what a Camero was supposed to sound like....

No thanks for me. Make mine a 1970 SS with a LS6, 450 HP, or a 1966 SS 396, 375 HP please.

While not as versatile to drive today (especially with $5/gallon gas with octane too low), the classics will always be cool. Some of these new recreations, I'm not so sure.

No thanks for me. Make mine a 1970 SS with a LS6, 450 HP, or a 1966 SS 396, 375 HP please.

While not as versatile to drive today (especially with $5/gallon gas with octane too low), the classics will always be cool. Some of these new recreations, I'm not so sure.
When I had my 1970 Ford Maverick, and I couldn't buy leaded gas anymore, I had to add some concoction that bought at the auto parts store to add to the fuel. I cannot remember the name now but it was a lead substitute of some kind.

The current Dodge Challenger is by far the best modern interpretation of the muscle car. I'm an import guy, but I wouldn't hesitate to rock out in a newer Challenger. Especially a widebody with the 392 or above.

Currently these cars have a minimum $10k markup in my area. Not a good time to buy....

Nice taste in first cars. Mine was a 66 Chev pickup, big back window and factory 327.
Thanks....
I worked long hard hours to come up the money for that car.
It was a fun ride for sure.

My dad liked it...he drove it for awhile , after I joined the army ...Not sure he was too happy I sold it...:eek: :D
Andy

Last Edited:
The current Dodge Challenger is by far the best modern interpretation of the muscle car. I'm an import guy, but I wouldn't hesitate to rock out in a newer Challenger. Especially a widebody with the 392 or above.

Currently these cars have a minimum $10k markup in my area. Not a good time to buy....
I called dave smith motors, in Kellogg Idaho agreed on a price, flew up there, they sent a shuttle to the airport to pick me up, wrapped up the paperwork in under an hour and I was heading down the road on my way home. Did 580 miles in about 7 hours 😮

Probably good that they are so insane right now. Every time I see one I want to buy one :D

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top