JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I received my NRA 2020 Ballot for election of the Board of Directors. I'm really ambivalent on whether to even bother to vote. With the troubles that the NRA is facing regarding Wayne LaPierre and the way money is being spent, I don't see that the NRA is taking any steps to address the issues. The majority of the nominees are either incumbents seeking reelection or others who have been selected by the Nominating Committee. Somehow I feel that the Nominating Committee is simply a rubber stamp for the status quo. I simply don't think my vote is going to matter.

What are other NRA members here planning to do regarding this election?

Life member here, contemplating my ballot, thinking the same things. Anyone have any knowledge of the candidates besides what's in the magazine?? I don't need a list of 31 to vote for, just seven to NOT vote for would work.
Thinking of starting by voting for everyone NOT already on the board. New blood and all that. Then the ones who weren't nominated by the committee but by the members; there are two on the ballot, Frank C. Tait and John L. Cushman. That gets me to sixteen. Then what??:(:(:(

Just read this. Interesting perspective;
NRA Board Bullet Voting , What is it? Why Do It On Your NRA Ballot

Also this should be of interest to the anti WLP group;

"Frank Tait is running by petition for the Board of Directors. He was the one who authored the petition of no confidence in Wayne LaPierre at the 2019 Meeting of Members. I helped gather signatures for Frank's petition and continue to support his candidacy. He has a business background that has long been needed in board members. Moreover, he is a NRA Training Counselor, Chief RSO, an Appleseed and Revere's Riders trainer, and an active IDPA competitor."
Link: 2020 NRA Board Election: My Choices -

Going to go with a short list this time. No current members and both non-committee nominated candidates.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top