JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Because we the people are paying for it and they (the Federal Government) are nothing more than agents of the people. We should expect transparency in everything they do.
Fair enough, but at the very beginning of the investigation?

Full disclosure, I may have jumped the gun a bit with my question, but I have seen this movie so many times before I got a bit ahead of myself

Gateway Pundit?
Not sure why anyone would cite the Gateway Pundit as a news source. Here's a few of their latest "efforts" at objective reporting:
stated on February 16, 2023 in an article:
"George Soros has endorsed (Ron) DeSantis for 2024."
stated on September 1, 2022 in in an article:
Bank of America "announced a new mortgage home loan program for first-time homebuyers. But only blacks and Hispanics will be eligible."
stated on July 28, 2022 in a post:
"Three doctors from the same hospital 'die suddenly' in the same week," after the hospital mandated a fourth COVID-19 vaccine for employees.
You get the idea. Strictly 'National Enquirer' style reporting. Here's the same story, minus the "It begins: 20 heavily armed IRS and ATF agents" embellishments -
Sure lacks that 'punchy' headline, tho.

Not sure why anyone would cite the Gateway Pundit as a news source. Here's a few of their latest "efforts" at objective reporting:
stated on February 16, 2023 in an article:
"George Soros has endorsed (Ron) DeSantis for 2024."
stated on September 1, 2022 in in an article:
Bank of America "announced a new mortgage home loan program for first-time homebuyers. But only blacks and Hispanics will be eligible."
stated on July 28, 2022 in a post:
"Three doctors from the same hospital 'die suddenly' in the same week," after the hospital mandated a fourth COVID-19 vaccine for employees.
You get the idea. Strictly 'National Enquirer' style reporting. Here's the same story, minus the "It begins: 20 heavily armed IRS and ATF agents" embellishments -
Sure lacks that 'punchy' headline, tho.
Holy moly that's bad. Never heard of gateway pundit. Guess it's like those YouTube videos that simply make up bubblegum to generate views. Can't stand that crap it wastes everyone's time and only feeds the people with low IQ and/or conspiracy theory people.

Fair enough, but at the very beginning of the investigation?

Full disclosure, I may have jumped the gun a bit with my question, but I have seen this movie so many times before I got a bit ahead of myself
you didnt exactly jump the gun. Theres assertions above of the reason being to grab 4473 forms to form a registry.

oh noooooes I used the wrong word :rolleyes:
If you didn't mean "entitled" and were just asking, "why does anyone want to know why they did that?".... I guess my answer is the same. Devoid of any details it's human nature to be curious why the alphabet/s would be raiding an FFL. Go figure!

I fail to see how it would be offensive or worth even posing the question. It seems pretty evident.🤔

you didnt exactly jump the gun. Theres assertions above of the reason being to grab 4473 forms to form a registry.
Speculation, obviously. They've been doing it so much lately... like copying full log books during routine audits when they are only supposed to copy the page that contains a potential error... so it's not outside the realm of possibilities they "may" be taking advantage of any opportunity to obtain whatever records they can lay hands on to update their registry database.

Oh yeah... there is no registry. That would be illegal. I forgot. ;)

Speculation, obviously. They've been doing it so much lately... like copying full log books during routine audits when they are only supposed to copy the page that contains a potential error... so it's not outside the realm of possibilities they "may" be taking advantage of any opportunity to obtain whatever records they can lay hands on to update their registry database.

Oh yeah... there is no registry. That would be illegal. I forgot. ;)
Speculation without evidence, and thats another subject.

But this story is about an IRS raid with no evidence the ATF took all 4473 forms. The Gateway Pundit is lying.

If you didn't mean "entitled" and were just asking, "why does anyone want to know why they did that?".... I guess my answer is the same. Devoid of any details it's human nature to be curious why the alphabet/s would be raiding an FFL. Go figure!

I fail to see how it would be offensive or worth even posing the question. It seems pretty evident.🤔
Not "want" to know, more like "have a right to know" And I get the devoid of any details bit, but I suppose it comes down to how you ask that question, as in:
"I wonder why the alphabet/s would be raiding an FFL"
Vs
"I wonder what the FFL did to get raided by the alphabet/s"

I wouldn't trust a word from that gateway pundit site based on what is posted above. Lying or fake hype info is worse than no info. Find reputable sources instead of scammers/liars.
I dunno about the OP article authors, but there is that video interview with the owner that seemed to confirm some of it... in his own words.

It sounds like the IRS did in fact take financial records. Supposedly accused of failing to report and under reporting millions of income.

"Van Hoose tells us the 4473 forms were not included on the list of financial records specifically listed on the warrant the IRS agents served him during the raid. Yet they took them anyway.

Concerned about handing over his firearm transaction records, Van Hoose told me he called Kirk Nelson, the ATF Area Supervisor in Helena, Montana with whom he said he's always had a good working relationship. Nelson initially told him he didn't have to turn over the 4473 forms as they don't contain financial information and weren't listed on the warrant. But after some further discussion with the IRS agents on the scene, Nelson changed his tune and told Van Hoose to hand them over."

So because speculation is ok, with that new info it sounds like he is suspected of criminal tax fraud and that might/would be enough to close his business, and when an FFL closes the ATF takes possession of the 4473's, so maybe Nelson chatted with the IRS folks, looked at the case against the owner and decided might as well grab them now and save the inevitable trip back in a few days

Interesting that they felt the need to make a big show of force. A single ATF agent could have taken the 4473s without all the hoopla.

Either they expected some kind of resistance or they were trying to send a message.
It's psychology, the country is run on fear when dictators rule. Odds are there will be a great number of incidents to drive fear into the population.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top