1. JOIN OVER 30,000 NORTHWEST GUN OWNERS

We are an organization dedicated to supporting gun owners of the Pacific Northwest. This website serves as a common rally point for over 30,000 gun owners from Oregon, Washington, and Idaho. Converse, organize, volunteer, learn, contribute, trade, and most importantly, help us defend our Second Amendment rights!

Join now to participate - it's quick, easy, and 100% free

2. Forest Fire Danger

Pacific Northwest outdoor shooting locations are in danger of closure due to firearm related forest fires.

Please be responsible when shooting in our forests.

2 O'clock carry?

Discussion in 'Handgun Discussion' started by Beefcake, Jun 7, 2011.

1. Beefcake

Beefcake Active Member

My primary carry piece rides in custom leather at 4 O'clock, but I just ran into an interesting possibility. I have watched more television recently than I would like to admit, and I noticed the kid on Criminal Minds carrying his gun in front of his hip. I tried a snubby revolver tonight in an OWB holster at 2 O'clock, and it is both comfortable and functional. Does anyone actually carry this way? I seem to remember some front holsters for mini .380s, but I always laughed at them (not willing to risk shooting off important parts of my anatomy); however, I sort of like my new experiment. Thoughts?

2. mcathcart

mcathcart Active Member

I do, but only when I dont have to sit down.

3. Artilleryman

Artilleryman Active Member

Originally from the central midwest but have reloc
    I carry a g29 in a done hume owb, somewhere between 2 - 4 o'clock....works well for me anyway. Even being a 'subcompact' model, it is a bit bulky for me to go iwb. Plus I'm too cheap to buy pants with a larger waistband

4. titsonritz

titsonritz Well-Known Member

5. EZLivin

EZLivin Well-Known Member

Yes. When pocket carry is not an option I go for front of hip if possible. Didn't really read much on the "best way" to carry when I started out, so I just did what was the most comfortable to me. Works for me.

6. titsonritz

titsonritz Well-Known Member

You see that a lot on TV and in movies. The problem is it is most often done using a holster with a forward cant designed to be carried at 3-4/8-9 o’clock. A holster in the 1-2/10-11 o’clock position should have a neutral or slight reverse cant.

I dig AIWB carry and will never go back to hip carry.

7. Reggie Dunlop

Reggie Dunlop Platinum Supporter Platinum Supporter

It is comfortable and accessable, but I can not get over the psycological hurdle that a small cannon is charged and pointing in the vicinity of my most prized possession.

8. MarkAd

MarkAd Well-Known Member

LOL. You seem to think you have great value in the family jewels.

9. Natty Bumpo

Natty Bumpo Active Member Bronze Supporter

2 o'clock OWB was really pretty common in the fifties, sixties and seventies among plain clothes police packing snubbies in leather holsters with straps. With the switch to larger autos, I don't know that too many people carry that way any more.

2 o'clock IWB? Yes, some do...we had a thread about that not long ago.

10. Stomper

Stomper 3%er Bronze Supporter

OMG... my wife is TOTALLY into Crimal Minds and almost never misses an episode, and EVERY SINGLE TIME I see that skinny little brainiac walking or standing around with hips slightly forward of his shoulders I go on and on about how he wears that thing like a hippie fashion accessory!! The wife always says, "yeah, I heard you the first time you said it... NOW STHU!!" LMAO!!

11. USMAR1NE

USMAR1NE New Member

I carry a Sig P238 w/laser in a Bullard IWB holster. Very comfortable, quick presentation and no psychological worries.