JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
My primary carry piece rides in custom leather at 4 O'clock, but I just ran into an interesting possibility. I have watched more television recently than I would like to admit, and I noticed the kid on Criminal Minds carrying his gun in front of his hip. I tried a snubby revolver tonight in an OWB holster at 2 O'clock, and it is both comfortable and functional. Does anyone actually carry this way? I seem to remember some front holsters for mini .380s, but I always laughed at them (not willing to risk shooting off important parts of my anatomy); however, I sort of like my new experiment. Thoughts?

It is comfortable and accessable, but I can not get over the psycological hurdle that a small cannon is charged and pointing in the vicinity of my most prized possession.

2 o'clock OWB was really pretty common in the fifties, sixties and seventies among plain clothes police packing snubbies in leather holsters with straps. With the switch to larger autos, I don't know that too many people carry that way any more.

2 o'clock IWB? Yes, some do...we had a thread about that not long ago.

M I have watched more television recently than I would like to admit, and I noticed the kid on Criminal Minds carrying his gun in front of his hip. I tried a snubby revolver tonight in an OWB holster at 2 O'clock, and it is both comfortable and functional. Does anyone actually carry this way?

OMG... my wife is TOTALLY into Crimal Minds and almost never misses an episode, and EVERY SINGLE TIME I see that skinny little brainiac walking or standing around with hips slightly forward of his shoulders I go on and on about how he wears that thing like a hippie fashion accessory!! The wife always says, "yeah, I heard you the first time you said it... NOW STHU!!" LMAO!!

I have a 9mm shield in a modified (enhanced) Crossbreed IWB for my 2 o'clock carry. It is my standard position. It's comfortable, stable, and holds my pants up.

IMAG0008.jpg

I don't carry at that position.

Some friends do, and it works for them. I won't absolutely rule it out, but I only have a few tools that I could carry comfortably at that position.

I don't want to have to think about draw anymore than necessary, if I always carry in the same spot, that's one less thing.

Always the oddball, I carry just north of the hipbone, say about 2:30ish. For me, it is by far the most comfortable, and I sit at a desk all day long. Concealable, easy to draw from with the right holster (zero cant is the way to go here, either inside or outside the waistband), and nothing is pointed at "the boys". I can draw sitting or standing.

Honestly, I cannot understand how the traditional 4:00 is so popular. I can't sit down for long that way and feel like my gun is just hanging out behind me, waiting for someone to grab it. I also find it is harder to conceal/control back there.

Not like the guy on that TV show BTW. Nor am I comfortable with appendix carry. As a bonus, my zero cant OWB holster works quite well at 11:00, great for road trips.

I do it.
As mentioned before,sitting down isn't fun.
It just makes sense to me..It's comfortable,hides well (since my hips don't stick out further than my chest) and,if my right arm is incapacitated I can still reach my gun with my left.

And the award for resurrecting a five and a half year dead thread goes to...

I never understood why people get so worked up over people bringing up "dead" threads.
If it's old NEWS,yeah,sure..But if it's a topic that is relevant,why is it such a big deal?
Not everyone has read every thread on here,or has been on here for as long as other people.
Is it just an inside joke thing?
Is pointing it out just way to belittle others?
Seriously,I don't know.

I never understood why people get so worked up over people bringing up "dead" threads.
If it's old NEWS,yeah,sure..But if it's a topic that is relevant,why is it such a big deal?
Not everyone has read every thread on here,or has been on here for as long as other people.
Is it just an inside joke thing?
Is pointing it out just way to belittle others?
Seriously,I don't know.

Users first post, user lists they're out of Missouri. No intro no new member howdy.

Suspicious...

To add, more relevant would be threads on appendix carry. Of which there are probably 2 or 3 current.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top