JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
For the money this is a great option for a 16" barrel.
And on sale at ADM... I just ordered tne 14.5" for one of my most recent builds.

That is a good price, but honestly I'm not a fan of government profile barrels, I prefer consistent taper barrels like BCM ELW, SIONICS LW or MW, BA Hanson, Criterion CORE, etc. I also prefer chrome lined barrels to beat on. Plus those barrel are either dimpled or in the case of the Hanson, pinned

Yeah this is gonna be a dangerous hobby for my wallet lmao
Honestly it doesn't have to be... I went off the deep end because I was disabled and needed something to occupy my idle hands...Its become a working hobby.
You can easily stay within a budget if you have a little self control

Have you considered the armorer tools needed?
Yes that was actually one of the first things i looked into. And from what I've gathered, correct me if I'm wrong please. I should be able to get by with the following:

Upper receiver block
Brass pin punches (if using non screwing pins)
A C-clamp or variation of
Armors wrench

Should I look into more or would this about cover it to start off?

Honestly it doesn't have to be... I went off the deep end because I was disabled and needed something to occupy my idle hands...Its become a working hobby.
You can easily stay within a budget if you have a little self control
Well that's not comforting to hear lol. I'm in that exact boat and it's why I figured it's about time I do a build instead of just talking about wanting to. Been out of work since november of last year due to injury and I'm going stir crazy. Unable to walk properly to leave the house and even take a walk.

My recommend
Lyman roll pin punch set (less than $20)
Magpul armorers wrench
Magpul bev block
4" vise... borrow one if you have to.
A ball peen hammer

Yes that was actually one of the first things i looked into. And from what I've gathered, correct me if I'm wrong please. I should be able to get by with the following:

Upper receiver block
Brass pin punches (if using non screwing pins)
A C-clamp or variation of
Armors wrench

Should I look into more or would this about cover it to start off?

I use steel pin punches. Should have roll pin holders and punches. I'd also recommend a bolt catch pin punch.
Here is more complete list of my tools (not that you all of them to make it happen)
Best site to buy gunsmithing tools?

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA
Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads