JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hi everyone. Owning a few pistols and a old shotgun I also own my fathers S & W 38 Terrier.

Dad went on the Chicago Police force, class of December 1947, after military discharge following WWII spending 8 years there before becoming a Chicago fireman. My two kids are not interested in his gun, so I'm considering selling it to one who would value it. It shows very light use, the original grips are as new, and still resides in the original red box. I also have dads leather holster labeled Clark Holster, Los Angeles CALIF. What do you believe it is worth?

IMG_20210527_112739951.jpg IMG_20210527_113016920.jpg IMG_20210527_113516198.jpg IMG_20210527_112715604.jpg IMG_20210527_112922169.jpg IMG_20210512_185302954 (1).jpg

I am not an expert on gun values. I looked online and the Terrier seems to actually sell around 500ish. I saw some posted for up to 1100 that were not selling. That said, I believe this gun is priceless as it belonged to a member of your family who actually carried it as a duty weapon. As a side note, this gun shoots the earlier Smith and Wesson .38 round NOT the current .38 special. Beautiful gun!

Value?
IMHO: PRICELESS.

1st it is a Unique firearm, and AS an Heirloom Diamonds & Gold Pale in comparison....

That being Said,
18 months before your Pops joined the Force My Dad had just returned from the ETO,
& 9 months later I was borned, so I has an attachment to things from 1947. icon_biggrin.gif

Should you want to sell it I am very Interested.
It would go well w/ my S&W Model 10 from Attica Prison which was there when the Big Riots happened.
Not to mention the ONG 870 that might have been at Kent State... Nibbs.gif ...

Yet, it IS Truly an Heirloom..... Grandpa_Angry.gif

I have to say that if it were me, I would hang onto this piece forever. But everyone's situation is different, personally and financially. I am sure there are plenty of good folks here who would be happy to give that fine old service pistol a home, but if not please DM me.

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top