JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
A question for those that carry 1911's as their EDC. In what position do you carry yours?

I have been playing with mine for a few days now and I am finding that I am having trouble deciding if I like 2:30 position better or 4:00 position. The 2:30 position conceals the grip better and is slightly better when sitting but the 4:00 position has a much more natural draw and holds the gun tighter to my body.

4:00 for Comfort, eas of draw, etc. Driving, walking, whatever.

2:30 for needs of extreme concealability. Pool at the bar, short T-Shirt.

I change it up as the Situation requires.

6:00 works best for me. IWB/SOB during summer but Galco BTB angled Belt slide W/O retention strap when it is cooler and have more than just a T on.

OK this maybe off topic but I am still thinking it's kinda belong in here since it a 1911 carrier topic :) (Please dont spank me)

I saw the preview episo "locked and loaded" that was posted in this website couple days ago, when the guy get out of his car he had a 1911 in the back of him.... I am just wondering what kind of holster is that and how comfortable is it? I really like the way that holster and the handgun look :)

Kimber Pro Carry, IWB, milt sparks. Just between my front pocket and right hand wallet pocket. seems to work best for me. Doesn't pattern. Kinda digs in when I'm in the car, but great when I'm walking around.

Depending on the loops on the pants I'm wearing... anywhere between the 2:30 to 3:00 posistion in a Milt Sparks VMII very comfortable except when sitting in a car that has heavy side bolsters but even then its not bad I can just feel the grip against my t-shirt.

I highly recommend to anybody who carries in their SOB to reconsider. My friend's uncle suffers back problems to this day because he one day fell onto his back when carrying in his 6:00, injuring his spine.

My understanding is that police officers aren't allowed to put ANYTHING (not even handcuffs) at the base of their spine for this very reason. All you need is one slip and you'll have issues and physical therapy for a long time.

I highly recommend to anybody who carries in their SOB to reconsider. My friend's uncle suffers back problems to this day because he one day fell onto his back when carrying in his 6:00, injuring his spine.

My understanding is that police officers aren't allowed to put ANYTHING (not even handcuffs) at the base of their spine for this very reason. All you need is one slip and you'll have issues and physical therapy for a long time.
yes, that is pretty much a nationwide policy. All insurance providers I know of have the same requirement for private security as well. No SOB carry. It is just too dangerous to place a large piece of steal at the base of your spine.

yes, that is pretty much a nationwide policy. All insurance providers I know of have the same requirement for private security as well. No SOB carry. It is just too dangerous to place a large piece of steal at the base of your spine.

Well nobody ever said I followed the rules completely. I already have a bulged disk in that area, three in upper back and two herniated ones in my neck. I was told to have surgery on my neck in 97. How much worse could the spinal problems get?:s0114: 6:00 is what works for me so I guess i'll have to keep living on the edge.

I dont know about any of you but my firearm is expensive, forget the back injury, thats the least of my worries. I dont want to scratch my gun!, if im fallin over I am going to do some kind of mid air barrel roll so I dont damage my piece.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top