JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Bought a Tactical Advantage pad in tan (FDE).
It has a very substantial recoil pad and the color is a pretty good match for my Ergo grip and Magpul Mlock slot fillers. I've got several other adjustable stocks from the cheapest S&W to some higher quality Magpuls, but this Tactical Advantage is by far the sloppiest front to back and side to side I've ever touched. Hoping someone has some advice on a better choice. The color and recoil pad will be important on this rifle.
Thanx!

Stock is sloppy, or recoil pad is sloppy?

If stock, could have a "commercial" stock on a "milspec" tube...measure the inside diameter and compare it to one if your others.

Unka-Boo, thanx for the response. The recoil pad is the only thing that ISN'T sloppy. It was ordered as milspec, the box says milspec, but it's possible it was incorrectly marked. I guess I need to get a decent set of calipers and check it against my magpul stocks. Even the locking pin has an inordinate amount of slop. Makes me think it's a QC issue.

If you are asking about a good solid stock, I have been extremely pleased with the Rogers Super-Stoc over the years. Still nothing comes as close fore tight fit IMO (including Magpul's latest). The deluxe model will fit commercial or mil-spec tubes in fact, it has enough adjustability and a small shim included. They can be easily painted to match about anything; I disassembled, prepped, and painted this one last year to match some other magpul odg accessories.

The camming mechanism for lock-up on these is very well designed and works well (you can't see it, it's on the other side). Colt even used these as OE on some of their higher end guns for a while.

5A46B9DE-500E-4410-A69E-404553A3DE82.jpeg

The Magpul CTR and ACS both have locking clamps to reduce wobble. The Few ACS stocks I've handled all fit very nice the one I own is almost no wobble without the locking clamp

Thanks for the suggestions folks. I'll do a some searching on those. I've tried electrical tape on the buffer tube. It helped a little, and I could add more. My concern is, it might (after several layers) start to lift at the edges and cause a binding issue. Bottom line, I'm still looking for something that comes with a good recoil pad, and in FDE. Something like this.

20230421_102656.jpg

Magpul makes their own enhanced pad. Limbsaver makes one for magpul too. Then it's deciding on what stock of theirs to put it on.
1682174961490.jpeg

Yeah, Magpul's probably the direction I'll end up going. As Reno wrote, just a decision of which one. Still haven't seen any options that compare to the squishy pad on the Tactical Advantage though.
Thanx again for the info folks.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads