JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Welcome. Glad to hear you sold it. :)

It's been a few days since I was at Bi Mart but I usually go in a couple of times a week. The last two times they had lots of that Peters (limit 2) but told me that's all they could get for now. I won't buy it when I think there will be better coming. I'll keep checking. It's not as if I'm out of .22lr. :)

which bimart are ya goin to?? west medford has 22 lr instock most of the time now.. not sure what your lookin for.. Don

which bimart are ya goin to?? west medford has 22 lr instock most of the time now.. not sure what your lookin for.. Don

Yeah, I was in there Wed. but all they had was still the Peters. It's lead, not plated bullet. I learned that the hard way last week by buying a couple of bricks. Here it is:

SDC10094.jpg

Thanks Don. I'll just put this away in my "future barter" stash and it will be fine. If you see better quality showing up at Bi Mart, I'd appreciate knowing though.

Thanks again.

Cliff

Oregon coast .22 availability has been spotty at best. Wally world in Newport is $16.95 for Federal 550 or 525 when they have them. Winchester 333 is going for $10.95. Bi-Mart in Corvallis has been my best luck for .22 ammo. They are around $16.95 for 550 Remington. Just bought 500 rounds worth of CCI Mini Mags at the Medford Bi-Mart a week ago and paid $5.95 per 100. They had quite a bit left as of last Monday.

Corvallis always seems to have Remington Subsonic cheap .22lr on their shelves.

Have some CCI 100 round boxes too. Just seem to have issues picking up .45acp for under a $raping/50.

stock sure varies at the bimarts,my store in Washougal has 5 different kinds,not sure if their is a limit on them.average about 17.00/brick.

I was limited to 4 boxes - no matter the quantity in the box. And they wouldn't sell me the case as a "box" either. :(

I buy something everytime I'm in there so I'm not running out and it keeps me from getting out of control.:eek:

Isn't Peters made by Remington? I bought a brick just to try out in my Ruger 22/45. It had 0 duds and fed well compared to some others, but smells funny when shooting at the indoor range :)

So far the Federal bulk (from wally world) has seemed to be the best bang for the buck.

Isn't Peters made by Remington? I bought a brick just to try out in my Ruger 22/45. It had 0 duds and fed well compared to some others, but smells funny when shooting at the indoor range :)

So far the Federal bulk (from wally world) has seemed to be the best bang for the buck.

The Peters that I have been able to get at Bi Mart isn't copper coated. The bullets are just lead. The powder seems dirty. It does shoot OK, but it gets the gun and barrel really dirty really fast.

The problem is, it's $16.95 - the same price as other brands. I buy it only when I can't find something better.

I can hook you guys up with our distributor. They are charging us $18.02 a brick. I know that it is fun to complain about the little guy, but they may not have any choice about what they can charge. And 22lr is still in short supply with suppliers. You do not just pick up the phone and expect to get it in anytime soon.

Personally, I'd rather not shoot than use Peter's .22LR ammo. It is the dirtiest, nastiest ammo I have ever tried.

I have been buying Marlin 60 rifles and ammo for future trading stock. What good is a gun without ammo if the SHTF? Even if nothing bad ever happens, I won't lose much if anything on the purchases. So, since often all I can find is the Peters at Bi-Mart, I have some of it. It seems to shoot just fine but it's dirty and has plain lead bullets. I won't shoot any more of it myself though unless some day I have no choice...

$.02

I have been buying Marlin 60 rifles and ammo for future trading stock. What good is a gun without ammo if the SHTF? Even if nothing bad ever happens, I won't lose much if anything on the purchases. So, since often all I can find is the Peters at Bi-Mart, I have some of it. It seems to shoot just fine but it's dirty and has plain lead bullets. I won't shoot any more of it myself though unless some day I have no choice...

$.02

I'm thankful that I bought enough .22 ammo to last me for the forseeable future. Life is too short to use crappy ammo. LOL

Hats off to Dan-dee.
He was at the show in Lebanon, and selling bricks of 22 for $16.99...a loss of $1.03 per brick! I saw other guys at the show selling the same for $25/brick. Maybe that was just his 'show' price, but still, he didn't even have to bother bringing it to sell. I know I wouldn't have!
If ya gotta buy it, at least support the local guy IMO!

Last night I purchased four 333 round boxes of plated Winchester and two boxes of 375 plated Federal for $9.97 and $11.97. I normally wouldn't buy that much but they literally had probably thirty boxes on the shelf and at least fifty more behind the counter. At the rate I shoot I shouldn't have to buy more for about a year :p

Eh, at least your bricks only cost $16/box. I'm still wincing each time I gotta shell out $80/box for .22WMR. Though, she's a hoot to shoot. Had fun yesterday practicing prone and sitting positions while there was still some sun shining in Oregon. :D

I still wish BiMart carried .22WMR. They don't retail any .22WMR rifles anymore, don't they?

My bimart (Woodburn) only has Peters and Thunderbolt....any opinions on which would be better. I should have a .22lr upper coming in tomorrow for my AR and will want to get a brick of something for this weekend.

Eh, at least your bricks only cost $16/box. I'm still wincing each time I gotta shell out $80/box for .22WMR. Though, she's a hoot to shoot. Had fun yesterday practicing prone and sitting positions while there was still some sun shining in Oregon. :D

I still wish BiMart carried .22WMR. They don't retail any .22WMR rifles anymore, don't they?

.22WMR ??? Bimart has it on the shelf consistantly here. It's the .22 WRF that is somewhat hard to get.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top