JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My bimart (Woodburn) only has Peters and Thunderbolt....any opinions on which would be better. I should have a .22lr upper coming in tomorrow for my AR and will want to get a brick of something for this weekend.

Try another Bimart.... Albany has CCI,Rem,Peters. Corvallis on 9th has the same but more CCI than Ive seen in awhile in one store and it was 5.99 per 100. They also had one brick Win. wildcats.

My bimart (Woodburn) only has Peters and Thunderbolt....any opinions on which would be better. I should have a .22lr upper coming in tomorrow for my AR and will want to get a brick of something for this weekend.

I can tell you that the Peters that Bi-Mart carries has lead (not copper coated) bullets and the powder, imho, shoots dirty. By that I mean the gun gets dirtier than usual, for me. I does feed and fire reliably for me and it's accurate enough.

I haven't seen/tried the Thunderbolt so I can't help you there but I'd probably grab that and see if it's any better. Someone else will probably have some ideas about that.

$.02

PS Have you checked Wal Mart? I got some Federal Champion there not too long ago for $16.95 and it's good stuff imho.

I also saw but didn't buy some good Remington hollow point at Sportsman's Warehouse in Medford a few days ago - $19.95 a brick though.

The thunderbolt(green box) sucks. If you are at bimart, get the remington bulk 525 boxes.

I purchased several boxes of both and I can tell you I won't be repeating the thunderbolt purchase. The thunderbolts are loaded weak. I loaded my sons henry lever gun alternating between the bullets from the 525 remmy boxes and the thunderbolts and you can hear the difference on each shot. The thunderbolts also drop twice as much at 100 yards.

Sometimes Bimart will have the federal 525 boxes too---IMO those are the best bang for your buck, if they are available.

Bi-Mart is running Peters brand .22LR at: $14.97 brick.

$2 off right now. Unsure how long sale goes through. Possibly Sunday?

Their Hot Lips butler creek 22LR Ruger mags are on sale too (the plastic ones) for $12.97

If you bought the plastic lips ones then take them back they suck. The Butler Creek steel lips mags are much better. I had issues with the plastic lips pnes today while shooting my 10/22. Out of the three Rem Thunderbolt, Wildcat and the Henrys I thought the Thunderbolt shot the best.

I thought I could get some life out of the plastic ones.

1st use today I had some issues.

That sucks. I haven't opened mine yet. Although I must say that I have another plastic butler creek 25 rd clip that i have had for 10 years and it still works fine. Am I just really lucky of has the quality dropped off lately?

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top