JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Taku, first, I am drinking my Morning Coffee, as I write!!! :D With that stated, I went to, and read the link.

I am not defending the shooting, ~however~, having lived 5+years in Santa Rosa, and "noticing" the fathers name, I will share this:

There are places in Santa Rosa, that i would never feel safe in again, nor felt safe, while "in there" twenty+ years ago.

There are Miles of "Barrio's" in SR, and if you do Not Have the correct ~Colors~ On you, your dead.end of sentence, left in the streets to bleed out.

I of course have no further defining news about this one... But as we saw in the I-84 shooting... Obeying officers of the law is only a life saving skill.... Correct or Not in their request to drop the ~toy~ And Start of Sarcasm here: I am sure this 13 YO was the school's Most Valuable Student, ready to become the next... Mayor, Governor, or POTUS...

just a FYI

philip
In the BoonDocks, I see ~colors~ once a week, Still!!!!

Broad daylight, were the deputies bilingual, was the kid deaf, was he menacing the deputies, did hey try to taser him? All good questions that need to be answered. Good thing Marco Rubio or Ted Cruz didn't play with toy guns when they were kids.

How about just observing him for awhile. There seems to be a developed culture in LE these days where they shoot within seconds of telling some kid, or some mentally disabled person to freeze. And yet for all these shootings they rarely stop the mass shooters until the damage is done. I'll bet that deputy is second guessing himself now, but nothing will come of it because it all was according to procedures don't you know.

Brutus out

Not having enough information, it's impossible to tell what really happened without witness statements, etc. Regretfully, we live in a time/place where we don't believe a policeman anymore (for good reason!).

However, IF (big word, right there) it happened the way the LEOs say, I can see why they did what they did....sad, all the way around. But, that's a big IF. "Your if is the only peacemaker, much virtue in if." (Wm Shakespeare, "As You Like It", Act V, sc iv)

How naïve of the parents, (assuming they were involved in his life) allowing their 13 year old to cruise the neighborhood with a realistic AK! With the media harping on how Hispanics are profiled by the racist police you would think Mr. Lopez would have chosen a Nerf gun for his son to play with. Without knowing the details I wouldn't want to 2nd guess but Brutus 57 is right, what would be wrong with observing for awhile if possible?

Most of the toys have flourescent orange barrels..
Wonder if he painted it to look real?
It isnt the first time a toy or replica got someone killed. Wont be the last.

A lot of airsoft rifles don't have orange tips.

However.... this is a real rifle:

full.jpg

So orange tip or not, best not be pointing ANYTHING at the poe-leese

Saw a guy and his kid leaving Sportsmans today what the brand new in the box look alike, at least I think it was a look alike, and I said to myself I probably wouldn't go that route in today's society. unless I was planning on being with him every secondo time he had it. after all we have a 12 year old andand 14 year old this week accused of killing people which just adds more justification......

So let's say dead kid and his parents exercised really poor judgement. Poor enough to get gunned down? Then cuffed?, The tried to revive? Most perps you let bleed out, right? I am sorry, A shooting like this needs an inquest, preferably by the FBI or the CHP. With all video and dispatcher recordings in evidence.
Don't take the deputies' word for it. Make them prove it was a justified shooting with physical evidence and that they did everything possible to de escalate the situation. And maybe, just maybe the kid was a gang banger wanna be but even gangbangers have rights under the Constitution and Bill of Rights.

Brutus Out

True, but did they have the AR stuff then?
All ae had were winchester saddle gun copys.

When I was a kid I had an awesome toy Thompson SMG. (late 60s). It had an IR scope (a red clear lens with a circle centered on cross hairs) a suppressor/ silencer with holes drilled in the side, and, when you pulled the charging handle back it would make a nice ratatatatatat sound when you pulled the trigger, very little take up and probably a 4 lb pull.. Yeah, Ratatatat because it was like a .45 Caliber Thompson, not a Glock that went Pew, Pew, Pew.
Black plastic wood fore grip and butt stock and BUIS!
Very sad when it broke. I guarantee you it greased lots of jerries, japs and Omega Man undeaders.

Brutus Out

So let's say dead kid and his parents exercised really poor judgement. Poor enough to get gunned down? Then cuffed?, The tried to revive? Most perps you let bleed out, right? I am sorry, A shooting like this needs an inquest, preferably by the FBI or the CHP. With all video and dispatcher recordings in evidence.
Don't take the deputies' word for it. Make them prove it was a justified shooting with physical evidence and that they did everything possible to de escalate the situation. And maybe, just maybe the kid was a gang banger wanna be but even gangbangers have rights under the Constitution and Bill of Rights.

Brutus Out

Yep, but the problem there lies in the FBI are Holders men now.

My kids, or at least my oldest, is steadily approaching the age he'll be able to take the single-shot .22LR out to go shoot in the woods on his own. You can be sure he is, and will continue to, get his lessons in the seriousness of firearms and the harm that can come from them if not fully respected, including how others can react. If he's out riding his bike or walking down Rural Rd. and one of the Sheriff's men decides to accost him, you can bet he's gonna have his arms spread out and back facing the deputy faster than you can ask.

It'll help that my kids are about as classic white-bred as you get, complete with blonde hair, respectful demeanors, and pants that fit and ride on their waistlines. A hispanic-looking kid walking around with an AK wearing what most kids are wearing nowadays... poor kid didn't stand a chance. Who knows what he looked like, though.

My brother and I used to wander around the neighborhood with toy UZIs and MP5s playing "war." No one ever even questioned us let alone shot us. This is a different time we live in......bubbleguming ridiculous

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top