JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Does this garbage of permit to buy impact BP?
Good question. I know there are some places now that treat BP sales like any other firearm. Far as I know OR was never one. So "guess"? Would be unless this specifically had something in it changing the way OR handles these, then no change. I take it OR you can still buy these by mail? If so and the new law did not mention changing this? Then I would again "guess" no change.

FWIW...
A quick google search says the Oregon considers muzzle loaders the same as modern firearms.
If this is true...then I would guess that Measure 114 will be in play for muzzle loaders.

Even before I read this I thought Measure 114 was a stupid deal......that will only affect gun owners who ain't the problem.
Andy

Buy those flintlock AR15's while you still can!

1668265147838.png

So this ends buying and selling Blackpowder firearms at rendezvous I guess,
If one were to be legal.

As I have before about such Measures , Bills , Bans , Restrictions and the like....
All they do is make more criminals out of folks who are otherwise law abiding and just don't want to deal with the hassle of following an unjust law.
Andy

Good question. I know there are some places now that treat BP sales like any other firearm. Far as I know OR was never one. So "guess"? Would be unless this specifically had something in it changing the way OR handles these, then no change. I take it OR you can still buy these by mail? If so and the new law did not mention changing this? Then I would again "guess" no change.
In OR you can still buy BP and have delivered to your house. Whether that will change once M114 is in effect I don't know. I suppose it depends on the legal interpretation of M114 (as to whether BP firearms are included or not) and also the individual store's policy. I have no opinion or knowledge as to the legal interpretation of M114 as it relates to BP, so I can't help there unfortunately. I am like you and assume no change. But only an assumption.

Last Edited:
FWIW...
A quick google search says the Oregon considers muzzle loaders the same as modern firearms.
If this is true...then I would guess that Measure 114 will be in play for muzzle loaders.

Even before I read this I thought Measure 114 was a stupid deal......that will only affect gun owners who ain't the problem.
Andy
If what you are saying here is true (that they are currently considered the same as modern firearms), why am I able to order a BP firearm today and have it delivered to my house? I'm not trying to be argumentative btw, just trying to understand.

If what you are saying here is true (that they are currently considered the same as modern firearms), why am I able to order a BP firearm today and have it delivered to my house? I'm not trying to be argumentative btw, just trying to understand.
As I said....it was a QUICK google search....not the most detailed one.
Andy

"SECTION 6. ORS 166.412 is amended to read:
(c) "Firearm" has the meaning given that term in ORS 166.210, except that it does not include an antique firearm"
As written, it appears that 114 does not apply to "antique firearms". Oregon's definition of "antique firearm" includes most black powder guns.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews