JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Get your heart rate up then try that 100yard shot standing.. ;)

that was standing and my heart rate was slightly elevated because my friend had a ND right prior to shooting that. The moron forgot to let the trigger reset all the way and he couldn't figure out why it wasn't going bang. Then as it was pointed up toward the canopy cover he finally released the trigger enough to reset and plugged one into the roof. He's lucky he didn't blow his nose off or worse.

Practicing with your 10mm at 100yds is not unrealistic for hunting or self defense, I'm not certain which application your thinking of though.

Not thinking about any application in particular, just wanted to here what everybody's thoughts were on this topic.

I want to start reloading 10mm eventually, but a reloading setup isn't in the budget at the moment.
A Lee Loader is a good place to start reloading on a budget. You can likely get started for what you are paying for a box of ammo.

Even meat hunting with a handgun should be kept within a 25 yard distance. :)

Back before my model 14 got stolen, I would plink at a nine inch pie tin at about 100 yards. Had to hold my point of aim at 2 -3 feet over the target but I would hit it consistently.

My own introduction to the World of Handgunnery was seriously upgraded by the 200 yard IHMSA competition. I had never considered using iron sight pistols at anything like 200 yards for a steel ram target....until a buddy insisted I 'try THIS'....his pet Super Blackhawk with custom 44 mag loads developed for such a task.

Of course in those days I could actually SEE the target at that distance.

Ladies and Gentlemen:

The 200-grain Double Tap WFNGCH leaving a 4.6" barrel at 1300 f.p.s. generates 750 f.p.e. at the muzzle. From my tightly-gapped S&W Model 610-1 revolver with Neoprene Hogue Monogrips would likely produce 1345 fps and churn out 803 f.p.e.. This may lose 200 f.p.e. at 100 yards, but 508 f.p.e. from a 200 grain .401" bullet will likely result in a dead deer. At 50 yards it will likely still have about 608 f.p.e. of solid penetrative power. This is enough to knock a good sized feral hog flat on it's can.

D'ya think?

Last Edited:
Ladies and Gentlemen:

The 200-grain Double Tap WFNGCH leaving a 5" barrel at 1300 f.p.s. generates 750 f.p.e. at the muzzle. From my tightly-gapped S&W Model 610-1 revolver with Neoprene Hogue Monogrips would likely produce 1330 fps and churn out 786 f.p.e.. This may lose 200 f.p.e. at 100 yards, but 586 f.p.e. from a 200 grain .401" bullet will likely result in a dead deer. At 50 yards it will likely still have about 686 f.p.e. of solid penetrative power. This is enough to knock a good sized feral hog flat on it's can.

D'ya think? :s0153:

That's enough to knock down most 4 legged creatures in North America!! :cool:

Ladies and Gentlemen:

The 200-grain Double Tap WFNGCH leaving a 5" barrel at 1300 f.p.s. generates 750 f.p.e. at the muzzle. From my tightly-gapped S&W Model 610-1 revolver with Neoprene Hogue Monogrips would likely produce 1330 fps and churn out 786 f.p.e.. This may lose 200 f.p.e. at 100 yards, but 586 f.p.e. from a 200 grain .401" bullet will likely result in a dead deer. At 50 yards it will likely still have about 686 f.p.e. of solid penetrative power. This is enough to knock a good sized feral hog flat on it's can.

D'ya think? :s0153:

foot pounds of energy does not mean adequate penetration, which is whats required at any distance such as 100 yds from a handgun.

foot pounds of energy does not mean adequate penetration, which is whats required at any distance such as 100 yds from a handgun.

The Hard Cast Flat Nose Gas Check bullet that Mike McNett uses cuts a mean, deep cavity. The 200-grains flying along at these speeds outperform just about any other 10mm on today's market. While considered a "boutique" load, it provides what's needed in the field to make a clean kill. (Mike is rather particular when it comes to the 10mm Auto loads, as it is what he built his business upon).

The Hard Cast Flat Nose Gas Check bullet that Mike McNett uses cuts a mean, deep cavity. The 200-grains flying along at these speeds outperform just about any other 10mm on today's market. While considered a "boutique" load, it provides what's needed in the field to make a clean kill. (Mike is rather particular when it comes to the 10mm Auto loads, as it is what he built his business upon).
doubletapp ammo is what I buy for 10mm hunting... ;)

Mike claims to have taken 3 Cape Buffalo with this load. When that Mormon boy tells you something, you can hang your hat on it.

Not sure whats going on with the OP target but 1000 out of 1000x my 10mm G20 shoots same hole at any range. When the NWO takes over I am confident it will shoot down sneaky preadators and scan eagles...no prob. Its my go to.

1EACA7FF-68F2-40F6-A899-DD3A1B0B7AD6.jpeg

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top