JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Actually, you can. Are you saying that if this scenario happened in Oregon or Washington, the man who saved the life of a police officer would be charged with a crime for shooting too far?

What about the same scenario, but the hero has a rifle instead? Does that somehow make it more justified than using a handgun at that distance?

A good shoot is a good shoot, regardless of range or weapon.

.I know there are various factors that would influence whether or not one decides to take a shot, but in general how would the rest of you here at NWFA make that determination?
This pic is three magazines at 100 yards. I counted 19 on the paper.View attachment 442400
I woulda took the shot also.. I got a nasty paper cut once so all cardboard hasta die regardless of range and hit rate, man!

I woulda took the shot also.. I got a nasty paper cut once so all cardboard hasta die regardless of range and hit rate, man!

Legend has it that this very cardboard is currently in somebody's garage, lurking in the dark, waiting to strike again! The regret for not putting a few hundred more rounds into it weighs heavily on my soul.

For me with my 10mm 100 yards would be a real stretch. I could probably do OK at 25 yards and possibly hit a large target at 50 yards, but I don't believe I would even try to shoot a target with my 10mm at 100 yards. Of course, I am over 70 years old and my eye sight isn't what it once was. I bought the 10mm as a last ditch defense weapon. There are few handguns that are capable of putting that kind of power in that small a package. Especially up close, so no 100 yard shots for me.

Big fan of 10mm. Dropped 2 hogs on last years Texas trip with it. First one was at around 100 yards using my TNW with a 16.25" barrel. 110lb sow dead in her tracks. Other one was smaller (50lbs or so) at about 30-35 yards with my Glock long slide, again dead right there. Haven't really started hand loading yet so I was using Underwoood 200 grain XTP hollow points.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top