JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Last Edited:
Thanks for the data! I didn't know you could use Enforcer in the the 10 mm I guess I just haven't seen any data on it before.
I load and shoot a lot of 10 mm!
Stacy

As far as I know there's no book data.

Based on a respected loaders findings I decided to model it up in QL and try it - As thought, it works, but it's just too slow.

The one powder I haven't been able to get my hands on!

For 175gr & up I've had good results with Long shot, #7, & 800X.

Lighter weight bullets... Well, everything :)
I only happened to have a good stash when the shortage came about because I was loading a bunch of 12ga with it.....glad I had it

I like #7, haven't used 800x.
Like #9 and power pistol as well , but Blue Dot is my all time favorite for 10

Good #s with Power Pistol 155gr & lighter. I don't load anything heavier than 180, and in that weight I can't get #9 to do what #7 does.

Great, now I need to get some 200/220s to load :)

Tested a BUNCH (25+) of loads in the G20 this weekend - most of the powders are conventional to the 10, a few aren't.

Primers: CCI
Brass: New Starline (except for a few, as pictures will clearly show)

Results from a Pro Chrono Digital @ 10' with a Digital Link, collected on an android tablet - info imported into Open Office then converted to html. It's not perfect, but it works.

http://webcity.net/benchrest/10MMPublished/10mmLoadResults9-5-15.html
http://webcity.net/benchrest/10MMPublished/10mmLoadResults9-12-15.html

NOTE: Some of these loads are HOT, some NUCLEAR. All but one functioned flawlessly in MY gun (with aftermarket Lone Wolf barrel). No loads showed case expansion past .429, or flat primers. No bulges or splits. THAT DOES NOT MEAN THESE LOADS ARE SAFE IN YOUR GUN. Use published data, start low, do not exceed max.

What a great write up. I really appreciate all the data. I am not new to reloading but I am new to 10mm with the recent purchase of my Glock model 40 long-slide 10mm. I knew I wanted to to shoot 180 grain bullets around 1200 fps and powder has been pretty dry around here but I found some Accurate No. 7 powder and have loaded up some test rounds that shot great.

So let me run this by you, Im running the glock 40 (6 inch factory barrel) and the load that im using is straight out of my Speer Manual (edition 14). Min/Max charge 11.0 gr - 12.0 gr, Stated velocity (5 in test barrel) Min/Max 1065-1180. COAL for these rounds with the rainier plated HP is 1.250 in.

I conservatively started in the middle at 11.5 gr and they feed and function beautifully without any signs of over-pressure. They also feel considerably snappier than the box of american eagle 180 grain FMJs I sent through it when I first bought the handgun.

(This is an entry in your data:)

Name: 10mm 180 Plated 11.0gr #7

Brass photo NA
Notes:

Number of Shots 3

Extreme Spread 44

Average 1184

Standard Deviation 20

Index Velocity Temperature Barometric Pressure Bullet Weight Ft/Lbs Power Factor Date
1 1169 70
180 546 210 09/05/2015 11:11:04
2 1213 70
180 588 218 09/05/2015 11:11:14
3 1171 70
180 548 210 09/05/2015 11:11:56

Your data shows the max velocity of my data with my datas starting charge!. I knew I would be getting better velocities with my longer barrel but this makes me wonder what Im actually getting for velocity since I loaded at 11.5 grain. I also loaded a small batch of 10 up to the max of 12 grain to see if they feed/function/or show over pressure signs.

Sorry for the long winded write up but its facinating to me that your data shows velocities far greater than mine. Any input or guidance you may have will as always be greatly appricated! Thanks again.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top