JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Whats the scale speed equivalent? ;) very cool model! Have dabbled in scale models, still dabbling with Star Wars models, but for the most part haven't really gone beyond the diamond shaped kit rubberband plane made so long ago. Used to have a Guillow's scale kit of something high winged... Piper Cub or Taylorcraft? Yellow skin. Never got beyond supergluing the wings to the table and ruining it :(
This was the model that I successfully made and flew... right into a pine tree which promply destroyed the tissue skin lol
amacub_sm.jpg

@Ura-Ki ; I wonder if a good 3D printer would be able to do a decent large scale RC plane frame in one piece? Maybe even functional hinges and control surfaces... just gotta skin it.. superglue polymer film/skin to it? Thinking maybe a scale version of the X-20 Dynosoar or similar rocketplane, mount a small servo control system, and use Este rocket engines and launch vertically on a larger rocket like how the original was done, then ignite in flight.? Maybe too fast to visually track?

Short answer is YES it can if you have a printer if it has a big enough print bed!

My Crealty Could do it in 12X12 sections, and using ABS, it's super easy to glue and can be made very strong!
Only Downside is the weight!

Best way to make flying model planes Ultra light weight and still detailed is Styro Foam ( like most of the Models now days) you cut them your self with a hot wire! You can find plans online, or for sale on Ebay or Amazon, and take them to Kinkos or other good print shop and have them lofted to your desired size! I just had a set of blueprints lofted for a F-101A, cost me $15 for the lofting, and $20 for the plans!

Ya got me thinking... a foamie seaplane "what if" version of the Heinkel HE 162 Salamander, using a floatplane pontoon as the fuselage shape.... and of course, probably tip floats too.. the original shape does lend itself to making it a seaplane, doesn't it.. and there's that dorsal engine placement

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top