JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I was reading the June issue of American Rifleman and noticed that several companies are now offering 10-round magazines for the 1911. Anyone using them? Happy with the result?

A screenshot is below.

Screen Shot 2018-05-23 at 3.38.28 PM.png

I have one that came with mine used when I got it.

Honestly, I don't like the feel or look.

It's on par with a Beretta 92 or Glock G17 with a 32 round stick in it.

I have the Wilson Combat 10 round mags and like them for practice and training. I have never had any issues with them malfunction-wise. I don't carry them while I am carrying concealed. I generally carry 8 round Wilson Combats.

My standard 1911 10mm has flush fit 10 rounders, the factory one holds 10, but will not seat in the frame fully stoked, so It's a 9 rounder! I also have 5 Chip McCormics that are flush fit 10 rounders and they work perfectly! :)

I have 7 of them 4 are no brand name I got them off eBay from a guy in Florida the other 3 are Wilson combat they all work I like the Wilson combat because they have the big base plate. IMG_20180509_180252.jpg MVIMG_20180414_215216.jpg

I used to want one, but the price is too high for something that has no practical value in a 1911 other than range use. I do have an adapter base to used an 8rd govt mag in an officers frame, but even that I don't ever use.

In years past when I generally packed a Colt Combat Commander edc, there were 8-rounders available (Wilson, maybe??) which sat pretty much flush in the grip. I don't know why they havent become standard for the 1911 pistols, they worked just fine and gave that extra round. Kinda unimportant now, since I came into a gen3 Glock 21- 14 rounds of .45acp goodness!.

In years past when I generally packed a Colt Combat Commander edc, there were 8-rounders available (Wilson, maybe??) which sat pretty much flush in the grip. I don't know why they havent become standard for the 1911 pistols, they worked just fine and gave that extra round. Kinda unimportant now, since I came into a gen3 Glock 21- 14 rounds of .45acp goodness!.

flush 8-rounders are very common from several manufacturers but Ive never been able to figure out why even today some 1911 manufacturers still ship new pistols with 7 rounders either.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top