JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I was reading the June issue of American Rifleman and noticed that several companies are now offering 10-round magazines for the 1911. Anyone using them? Happy with the result?

A screenshot is below.

Screen Shot 2018-05-23 at 3.38.28 PM.png

I have one that came with mine used when I got it.

Honestly, I don't like the feel or look.

It's on par with a Beretta 92 or Glock G17 with a 32 round stick in it.

I have the Wilson Combat 10 round mags and like them for practice and training. I have never had any issues with them malfunction-wise. I don't carry them while I am carrying concealed. I generally carry 8 round Wilson Combats.

My standard 1911 10mm has flush fit 10 rounders, the factory one holds 10, but will not seat in the frame fully stoked, so It's a 9 rounder! I also have 5 Chip McCormics that are flush fit 10 rounders and they work perfectly! :)

I have 7 of them 4 are no brand name I got them off eBay from a guy in Florida the other 3 are Wilson combat they all work I like the Wilson combat because they have the big base plate. IMG_20180509_180252.jpg MVIMG_20180414_215216.jpg

I used to want one, but the price is too high for something that has no practical value in a 1911 other than range use. I do have an adapter base to used an 8rd govt mag in an officers frame, but even that I don't ever use.

In years past when I generally packed a Colt Combat Commander edc, there were 8-rounders available (Wilson, maybe??) which sat pretty much flush in the grip. I don't know why they havent become standard for the 1911 pistols, they worked just fine and gave that extra round. Kinda unimportant now, since I came into a gen3 Glock 21- 14 rounds of .45acp goodness!.

In years past when I generally packed a Colt Combat Commander edc, there were 8-rounders available (Wilson, maybe??) which sat pretty much flush in the grip. I don't know why they havent become standard for the 1911 pistols, they worked just fine and gave that extra round. Kinda unimportant now, since I came into a gen3 Glock 21- 14 rounds of .45acp goodness!.

flush 8-rounders are very common from several manufacturers but Ive never been able to figure out why even today some 1911 manufacturers still ship new pistols with 7 rounders either.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top