JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
What's it like by you guys? Stay safe and remember, now is a good time to have an excuse to reload and clean (and baby) your guns!!!:rolleyes:
image.jpg

9" in Aloha. I drove into work and shoveled the walks and entryways. Farmington Rd. on over to Murray and walker were pretty rough due to ruts. The plows were on Murray when I left to come back home. I would say they at least got the snow part correct.

Please....

A spilled salt shaker has more white than we got. Location on left <----

Couldn't open the front door much more than this at 4:45 this morning.

P1040304.JPG

Amazingly the sweet little news paper gal was on time!

Back deck was eerie the way the snow was piled on things.

P1040303.JPG

P1040302.JPG

I feed birds so getting a trail out to the hummer feeders, AND, clearing a place for seed to go for the junco's, song sparrows, turtle doves and gold finches.

P1040305.JPG

P1040307.JPG

P1040306.JPG

No body could get to the store today to do books or run the front end. Wifey to the rescue, seeing as the store is a block away. She'll possibly have to work 10 hours, at double time. Plus getting home at a decent time for supper.

Your photos are why I'm pleased that you continue to feed them without end throughout the winter. I'd be more pleased if nobody fed birds at all and they would just fly south as designed. But to each their own. At least you aren't stopping when it isn't convenient to continue. Good for you!

We have about 4" here, but it just started coming down heavy here. So we will see.:D

We feed the birds daily. The kids have their bird ID books, and love seeing all the different kinds of birds. We have about 10 humming birds around and we rotate feeders so they always have something to eat. I bring in both feeders overnight and at first light every morning they are sitting out there waiting for the feeder. They sit up in the old 1 1/'2 dia holes that are the soffit vents.

We got quite a bit here in Hillsboro. This was at 5am when I got up for work. Lucky for me the DM called it so I'm home surfing the forums!

IMG_2303.JPG

Your photos are why I'm pleased that you continue to feed them without end throughout the winter. I'd be more pleased if nobody fed birds at all and they would just fly south as designed. But to each their own. At least you aren't stopping when it isn't convenient to continue. Good for you!

These bird don't migrate they are resident. As in "Oregon Junco". In spring they will all leave in a matter of a day or two and fly to the mountains. And then come late fall, in a couple of days, they're all back in the valley. Anna's Humming birds don't migrate either. Ringed turtle doves, towhee's, song sparrows, these are all resident birds.

I suppose they'd all be okay, but feeding get's to be a habit. And the birds get somewhat used to you. I can call our pair of scrub jays, and crows know the call to.

I admit, I'm no ornithologist and don't come to my dislike of bird-feeding by any knowledge. So I'm not judging anybody who does all that work. I think all of that feeding, especially what it takes to keep hummingbirds happy, is proof of a huge amount of empathy and care for the nature around us. I wasn't trying to sound like I disapprove, it's just that I don't feed any animals (besides my pets) because I watched Yogi the Bear as a kid and always saw the sign, "Don't Feed the Bears."

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top