JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So, everything is great on the roads, except my drive, and little bit of road (opposing angle slopes)

Took me 1hr 15m to leave the 'driveway' this morning :(

Took me nearly 25 minutes to do 10 blocks downtown PDX to 26 tonight.

"Summer" tyres and RWD.

Not fun :(

The flats in Beaverton are fine for the most part. Drive slow and no problems. We were up and down 185th and had no problems other than our tire chains needing to be on the FRONT wheels and I put them on the back, then the battery dying while we were at the store and the woman yelling at us for putting our chains on in the starbucks parking lot...
Im curious...is your rig front wheel drive? And no disrepect intended, but why put them on the rear assuming the car is front wheel drive?

There seems to be a lot of PDXrz doing this and I don't get it.

I gotta say I wouldn't want to be a plow driver!! Give em all a lot of credit.

If it was my job to deal with a bunch of moronic idiots on a daily basis that think they can drive but don't have the first clue in there two wheel drive with summer tires I would go nuts!!!:oops::D

Just plow their cars out of the way with the snow and everything else.They are obstructing the roadway.

I just watched a YT vid from Bend. People trying to help other get moving:eek:
I'd be telling them they should have thought about snow tires or chains before they left home.
One guy in a f150 4x4 trying to pull a uhaul van truck and car trailer. Why help him? He not a threat to anyone while sitting still. Including himself and family.

There's a lot to be said for being prepared...

I lived in a snow zone when I was a younger man, in the winter, my rear wheel drive car wore snow tires... And there were two pairs of chains in the trunk, just in case... Along with shovels and bags of sand...

I remember driving home in two and a half feet of snow, slow and steady makes it possible, even with hills...

When ya know snow and ice is coming ya need to do somethin'...

I have the best chains I could find to buy and put them in the car every year before thanksgiving and leave them there till spring for the last 14 years we've owned it.

Never needed them and they are lifetime warrantied so if I change tire sizes and/or cars I just go swap them out for the right kind.

Also keep a snow coat, boots, extra pair of jeans and work gloves in case I have to put them on or have to walk away from it.

Takes up a small portion of my trunk.

(Water and first aid kit are always in my backpack that goes with me as well).

Saw a NEW Camerro towing a haul trailer today.... did not even know what to think of that one:confused:.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top