JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions

A "special" session of the Oregon Legislature has been called by Governor Kate Brown against the wishes of most legislators. This session is being presented as an opportunity to "fix" a tax increase bill passed by Democrats and signed into law by Brown.

By all accounts, the proposed "fix" will effect a tiny fraction of Oregon businesses leaving many others with large increases in their tax liabilities. Legislators on both sides of the aisle have agreed there is no need for an "emergency" session but it is an election year and Brown sees this as an opportunity to convince voters that she is doing something for small business even while the bill she signed was a serious blow against small business. So what does all this have to do with your gun rights?

As of the time of this writing, there has only been one bill introduced. The above mentioned tax bill. However, there is NOTHING to prevent an endless stream of unrelated bills from being introduced and passed in this crammed session.

No one knows what to expect, or how long this session will be. Theoretically it could just be one day, but it could just as easily be 5 days.

With elections coming and extreme anti-gun ballot measures threatening to bring out the votes of conservatives, the Dems may well see this session as their best chance to capitalize on the recent mass murders of school children and ram through anti-gun bills. Kate Brown's extraordinary incompetence make her vulnerable and the Dems, even if they hold majorities in both houses, don't know if they can count on Knute Buehler to sign more anti-gun bills should he become governor. That's what makes this session so dangerous.

Not only is there a nationwide (irrational) call for extreme anti-gun laws, giving the Democrats the momentum and incentive to pass almost anything, but these short sessions make it almost impossible for the public, (and you) to know what is happening and react to it.

We cannot predict what is going to happen, but we can tell you the danger level is extremely high. Gone are the days when the gun grabbers hid their true intentions under the guise of "enacting reasonable gun safety legislation." Now dictated by the sad , but predictable, calls for "something" by frightened but uninformed school children, the left is on an all out jihad to ban everything everywhere.

If they have their way you will be allowed to own nothing, although you may be allowed to store some firearms for the government at your expense if they are locked up, and useless and registered with the state subject to police inspection.

Make no mistake. The recent murders have exposed the real agenda of the left and they will stop at nothing. And while we can't say for certain what will happen in the days ahead, we can tell you what won't change.

Anti-gun celebrities will continue to attack gun owners while producing ultra violent movies that glorify murder. Video game makers will keep making games that reward kids for the most "kills". Liberal teachers will keep blaming the "gun lobby" for the crimes of the mentally ill.

Kids in schools in Oregon will still be subject to abuse by school personnel (who will be protected for years by their unions) while nothing is done to ensure their safety against deranged killers. And the politicians in Salem will continue to have wall to wall police protection with a cop in every hearing room and hallway.

While every effort will be made to disarm you and make you a criminal for exercising a human right, the politicians will continue to enjoy protection provided by men with guns.

Please stay tuned in. We are going to need every one of you to be ready to respond to any attacks in the coming days. We will be doing all we can to keep you informed but please consider using the OLIS system of the legislative website to track bills and their progress. You can access that here.

The post "Special" Session Starts Monday appeared first on Oregon Firearms Federation.

------
Oregon Firearms Federation

The legislators may have "wall to wall" cops protecting them, but those individual cops don't have the same "wall to wall" protection and they have to commute to and from work sometime.... I predict that in the event of "confiscation", that "wall to wall" protection the legislators enjoy may dry up faster than they can ever imagine. o_O

Last Edited:
Out Law, Renagade, Bridgend, these are the new terms we are known by as gun owners!
How does it feel to be labeled as such? Felon? That's a pretty harsh term to use on us honest law abiding citizens, yet here we are, aliens in our own land! This incessant attack on us has really ramped up and pushed us into a corner! If the actions in the O.P. continue and the special session sees Kate bringing out her version of bans and confiscation, there will be some serious back lash!
For now, let's use the system we have in place and see where we go with it! Then we can decide what we are going to do next!
Until then, choose your title from above and wear it with pride, because soon it will become the norm for us all!

Out Law, Renagade, Bridgend, these are the new terms we are known by as gun owners!
How does it feel to be labeled as such? Felon? That's a pretty harsh term to use on us honest law abiding citizens, yet here we are, aliens in our own land! This incessant attack on us has really ramped up and pushed us into a corner! If the actions in the O.P. continue and the special session sees Kate bringing out her version of bans and confiscation, there will be some serious back lash!
For now, let's use the system we have in place and see where we go with it! Then we can decide what we are going to do next!
Until then, choose your title from above and wear it with pride, because soon it will become the norm for us all!

Instead of being handed a free label some might feel they should earn the lable

A "special" session of the Oregon Legislature has been called by Governor Kate Brown against the wishes of most legislators. This session is being presented as an opportunity to "fix" a tax increase bill passed by Democrats and signed into law by Brown.

By all accounts, the proposed "fix" will effect a tiny fraction of Oregon businesses leaving many others with large increases in their tax liabilities. Legislators on both sides of the aisle have agreed there is no need for an "emergency" session but it is an election year and Brown sees this as an opportunity to convince voters that she is doing something for small business even while the bill she signed was a serious blow against small business. So what does all this have to do with your gun rights?

As of the time of this writing, there has only been one bill introduced. The above mentioned tax bill. However, there is NOTHING to prevent an endless stream of unrelated bills from being introduced and passed in this crammed session.

No one knows what to expect, or how long this session will be. Theoretically it could just be one day, but it could just as easily be 5 days.

With elections coming and extreme anti-gun ballot measures threatening to bring out the votes of conservatives, the Dems may well see this session as their best chance to capitalize on the recent mass murders of school children and ram through anti-gun bills. Kate Brown's extraordinary incompetence make her vulnerable and the Dems, even if they hold majorities in both houses, don't know if they can count on Knute Buehler to sign more anti-gun bills should he become governor. That's what makes this session so dangerous.

Not only is there a nationwide (irrational) call for extreme anti-gun laws, giving the Democrats the momentum and incentive to pass almost anything, but these short sessions make it almost impossible for the public, (and you) to know what is happening and react to it.

We cannot predict what is going to happen, but we can tell you the danger level is extremely high. Gone are the days when the gun grabbers hid their true intentions under the guise of "enacting reasonable gun safety legislation." Now dictated by the sad , but predictable, calls for "something" by frightened but uninformed school children, the left is on an all out jihad to ban everything everywhere.

If they have their way you will be allowed to own nothing, although you may be allowed to store some firearms for the government at your expense if they are locked up, and useless and registered with the state subject to police inspection.

Make no mistake. The recent murders have exposed the real agenda of the left and they will stop at nothing. And while we can't say for certain what will happen in the days ahead, we can tell you what won't change.

Anti-gun celebrities will continue to attack gun owners while producing ultra violent movies that glorify murder. Video game makers will keep making games that reward kids for the most "kills". Liberal teachers will keep blaming the "gun lobby" for the crimes of the mentally ill.

Kids in schools in Oregon will still be subject to abuse by school personnel (who will be protected for years by their unions) while nothing is done to ensure their safety against deranged killers. And the politicians in Salem will continue to have wall to wall police protection with a cop in every hearing room and hallway.

While every effort will be made to disarm you and make you a criminal for exercising a human right, the politicians will continue to enjoy protection provided by men with guns.

Please stay tuned in. We are going to need every one of you to be ready to respond to any attacks in the coming days. We will be doing all we can to keep you informed but please consider using the OLIS system of the legislative website to track bills and their progress. You can access that here.

The post "Special" Session Starts Monday appeared first on Oregon Firearms Federation.

------
Oregon Firearms Federation

M,ight try to ride on the coattails of the Texas school thing

Count on it! One think Kate is infamous for, taking the message up a few notches and pushing Bloombergs agenda! What a tool!

Yup, I'm an Outlaw, soon to be a Pirate!
You take from me, I'm gonna take from you right back! And I'm gonna hit you with a couple decks worth of broadsides before boarding and hacking!

The goal is to make everyone an outlaw in varying degrees. Once we are all criminals they can selectively enforce to their whim. North Korea here we come!

The goal is to make everyone an outlaw in varying degrees. Once we are all criminals they can selectively enforce to their whim. North Korea here we come!
Once we all are labeled criminals, what is there to lose? 20 years for doing zero wrong is the same 20 years for leaving a...scratch.

Count on it! One think Kate is infamous for, taking the message up a few notches and pushing Bloombergs agenda! What a tool!

You take from me, I'm gonna take from you right back! And I'm gonna hit you with a couple decks worth of broadsides before boarding and hacking!
YARRR! Hoist the Colors, me hearties!

13052_Black.jpg

hopefully someone in the session, at the first sound of the anti freedom drum, remind them all that there is already an initiative in the works so let the people decide, not you few people who will have guns in their homes no matter what.

I think it would be foolish of them to try and push any serious gun control legislation in a special session, especially in an election year. There is growing pushback against IP43 - in a way, that is their bellwether as to the current climate in Oregon to accept such a deep reaching gun control law. I'm sure they can see how much push back it's getting already, so why put their careers on the line this close to the next election? Besides 2019 will be a long session, so they'll have plenty of time to come after us next year, should IP43 fail.

I just don't see any political value in them pushing a new gun control law this year. They need to take this election, not risk it with a potentially politically questionable move.

No guarantee they're not foolish enough to do it, but I just don't see the timing being right for them. I do really think they want to see what happens with IP43 before they make their next move.

IMO they have the legislation ready to go given the opportunity. If an incident happens while they are in session I think they will pull the trigger.

Grasping for political platforms.

Theyll need something that will ensure plenty of turn out for themselves while also securing a new base while boosting their already dedicated providers. Hopeful to flip support as well so i'd keep an eye out for increased virtues being signaled.

The right is already mustering so to add to that it would be beneficial to down play and cause infighting long enough to stall any progress or organization you may make. Remember the left can at least rally behind one cause even if it isn't for the greatest good they'll do it to at least have the last laugh.

Right: GET OUT AND ACTUALLY VOTE, that is literally all you need to do.

But I don't want to be a pirate!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads