JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions

Monday April 8th will be a busy day in Salem because of impending deadlines.

SB 978 will have a work session in Senate Judiciary at 8am. Currently there are three amendments to the bill. No doubt you have already seen the Dash 1 amendment but after the public hearing started last Tuesday morning, Chair Floyd Prozanski posted two new amendments, the Dash 2 and Dash 3, both 44 pages long, with no opportunity for people who were there to testify, to read.

There is nothing to prevent him from adding more for the coming work session and once again he can do this with no notice.

Public testimony will not be taken at this "work session" so if the bill is dramatically altered again the only opportunity you will have for input will be contact with your legislators.

Prozanski is notorious for these kinds of sneaky moves.

Here is the schedule for Senate Judiciary for the 8th. To follow last minute changes to SB 978 use this link.

If you cannot attend the work session you can watch it live using this link.

You'll want to scroll down to the link for the Senate Judiciary Committee. The work session will be held in Hearing Room C if you can attend.

Also scheduled for a work session is SB 1040. As of right now, this is a very narrowly crafted bill to address one location where unsupervised people allowed rounds to leave the property and hit homes across a river. In its current form it is not a dangerous bill, however people have requested it be expanded greatly and if it is it could become a real problem for gun clubs and ranges. We will be watching for potentially dangerous amendments.

In the afternoon in House Judiciary there will be a work session for HB 2013.

This is one more in a seemingly endless parade of bills to deny firearms to those who have been accused of domestic abuse. Year after year new legislation is drafted to restrict guns from those so accused, yet every year there seems to be one more "loophole" to close.

At no time is legislation ever introduced to empower the victims of abuse, only to force greater reliance on a state that clearly cannot take care of its most vulnerable.

Thank you for your continued activism. Please keep up the pressure especially if your representatives are Democrats.

action_alert_3_990000.png

The post Anti-Gun Monday Is Coming appeared first on Oregon Firearms Federation.

------
Oregon Firearms Federation

I read SB 978 details and find that this bill is essentially a duplicate of various existing laws and some circumstances. The minimum age issue is worrisome but thinking that center fire and rim fire should be sold to 18 plus based on a background check; those accused of domestic violence is very worrisome because of the potential for abuse/harassment, the criminal use of undetectable or untraceable would work, but not for lawful citizens. And, there are a lot of duplication in this bill restating felons in possession under ORS 166.270, and chl's are protected under 166.291 and 166.292 but for prohibited local regulations. If I am correct, unless prohibited by local regulations, chl is protected, however, not allowing chl's in the broadly defined school property is just stupid because the fbi research conflicts with rational policy decision making. Obviously, it is important to read the bill in detail but recognized that a lot of it seems to be a restatement of current existing law.

Keep a close eye tomorrow evening, that's when they usually add to their wish lists. And be prepared to unleash another round or two of emails and follow up with calls...

We must make our collective voices heard!!!

We oughta have a "Pro Gun Friday" ...As in Friday the 19th of April.
The 19th of April ,1775 was when the "Shot heard 'round the world was first heard at Lexington Green...
Andy

The 19th of April ,1775 was when the "Shot heard 'round the world was first heard at Lexington Green...
Andy
I could get behid this! Anything to try and present a more cohesive, unified, professional (and firm) message is something ALL firearm owners should support!

Andy
I'd be up for this, a real infiltration of the Oregon and Washington State Capital buildings? Sign me up!

A party to commentate the 244th anniversary of throwing off tyranny, the first time!!!

Should be prime for a law suit then. Hopefully!
I had a politically astute friend years ago who had a dim view of the quality of Oregon legislation so much so that he anticipated much of the legislation ending up in the Or. Supreme Court.
I have been thinking that it appears obvious to me that the character pathology of many of the Oregon legislators is a mirror image of their constituents--who are out of touch with reality. Unable to rationally deal with these personality disorder leftists the same way we can not deal with the very far right nut jobs.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top