JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Image_Gun-800x560.jpg

With the new legislation regarding safe storage and all that it entails, I wanted to share a little bit of my experience with a rather 'unique' approach to it.

Over Thanks giving they ran a sale so I decided that I would pick one up and see what it was all about. Obviously with any kind of new technology comes some trepidation as to its reliability and effectiveness, so I wanted to put it through its paces.

I know this kind of tech is a 'point of failure' for some and to others it is an indication as to complying with a law they do not agree with, I appreciate both of those perspectives, but I wanted to share it all the same...

The fundamental premise is that it blocks the chamber and can only be released by using a spinning dial then racking the slide to eject it. The dial is a really interesting idea as it is back and forth like a combination lock with the last digit being easy and not relying upon a precise number of clicks. At first I was a little wary of the wheel method, but having played with it for a few months it is a really intuitive and fast way to get it off with an unlimited (almost) number of possible combinations.

Here is a link to the website for more info:

Zore X Core 9x19

I will update the thread with a couple of photo's tomorrow, but I wanted to just put it out there that this is a very functional piece of gear that not only complies with the new legislation and regulations, but does away with the need of having it locked up and out of sight.

I am happy to answer any questions too.

Happy New Year!

For clarification, this isn't a replacement for a safe, merely a quick access lock for storing outside of a safe. Child lock if you are so inclined but also as a way to mitigate against the new laws and regulations. I have a touch keypad that is also biometric, and I can have this on a night stand and removed much faster than getting into a quick access safe. As per my OP, this isn't for everyone it is merely a quick intro to those that may be interested.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top