JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Image_Gun-800x560.jpg

With the new legislation regarding safe storage and all that it entails, I wanted to share a little bit of my experience with a rather 'unique' approach to it.

Over Thanks giving they ran a sale so I decided that I would pick one up and see what it was all about. Obviously with any kind of new technology comes some trepidation as to its reliability and effectiveness, so I wanted to put it through its paces.

I know this kind of tech is a 'point of failure' for some and to others it is an indication as to complying with a law they do not agree with, I appreciate both of those perspectives, but I wanted to share it all the same...

The fundamental premise is that it blocks the chamber and can only be released by using a spinning dial then racking the slide to eject it. The dial is a really interesting idea as it is back and forth like a combination lock with the last digit being easy and not relying upon a precise number of clicks. At first I was a little wary of the wheel method, but having played with it for a few months it is a really intuitive and fast way to get it off with an unlimited (almost) number of possible combinations.

Here is a link to the website for more info:

Zore X Core 9x19

I will update the thread with a couple of photo's tomorrow, but I wanted to just put it out there that this is a very functional piece of gear that not only complies with the new legislation and regulations, but does away with the need of having it locked up and out of sight.

I am happy to answer any questions too.

Happy New Year!

For clarification, this isn't a replacement for a safe, merely a quick access lock for storing outside of a safe. Child lock if you are so inclined but also as a way to mitigate against the new laws and regulations. I have a touch keypad that is also biometric, and I can have this on a night stand and removed much faster than getting into a quick access safe. As per my OP, this isn't for everyone it is merely a quick intro to those that may be interested.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top