JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
I thought this topic had gone by the wayside, but lets get going again I guess.

The thing is if I were the kid, I would have based his head as well. Why? Because he was following me. I know people are going to come on and say "BS, he came back and was looking for Zimmerman to start a fight!" Whatever. It is true that I don't know what happened, nor do the people who will make that claim. At this point it's in court, and the state prosecutor felt enough that he committed a crime to charge him. And not just manslaughter like most people thought he would get, 2nd degree murder.

Also, having read the article, this stands out:
Zimmerman was not admitted to a hospital or given stitches the night of the incident.
That means it wasn't that bad. If Martin was repeatedly bashing his head against the concrete, he would've needed medial help.

I've presented the scenario before that I find likely, where Zimmerman possibly approached Martin from behind and grabbed his shoulder to turn him around and question him (which he had no right to do), and Martin turned and pushed him down. That looks more like a head falling on the sidewalk once than a repeated bashing to me.

It is my undestanding that according to the law the only thing that matters is what occured 60 seconds before the shooting. It apparently does not matter that Mr. Zimmerman pursued Mr. Martin.

I think he had to be charged no matter what- the people of Florida would have burned that place to the ground if he hadn't been. Unfortunately it'll burn later when he walks on the murder rap and people don't think the manslaughter charge he'll likely be convicted on is harsh enough. If he walks altogether many cities will burn. I'd like to know how they plan on wrangling an impartial jury at this point after the media circus...

I fully expect this case to be dismissed. The investigating officer has admitted he had no real evidence to bring charges against Zimmerman. This is a dog and pony show, but; wait for the civil law suit!! That will be a real circus!!

I've presented the scenario before that I find likely
Is not the same as.
"This is what probably happened".
It was posted in another thread, that I am not going to go searching for at the moment, that there is an approximate 2 minute gap in the official police call records. The article stated that Martin did indeed go back to Zimmermans car and approach him there, saying in essence "Wtf are you following me for?" before walking away again. At that point it said Zimmerman may have left his truck again to begin another pursuit of Martin to the point of the actual altercation.
No evidence supports your theory, but nice try.
1.) You're wrong. 2.) I'm presenting just that, a theory. I'm stating my opinion, with supporting evidence, which I can't help but notice is absent from you're claims.

First,Zimmerman had all the right in the world to follow the SEVENTEEN yo 6'3 almost adult,walking through his gated community. He was in charge of that for the neighborhood watch.
The police had no authority to tell him to stop following,just make a suggestion.
The 6'3 140 man,same size as a world class MMA fighter,was old enough to be responsible enough,to tell the man who lived in the neighborhood, that he was JUST VISITING his Dad's GF.
I mean that's what I would have done.'Hey man I'm going to 123 "C" st to my Dad's GF'
He did come back to confront Zimmerman ,from all reports.
And the fight ensued.

Bad motel,if you would have "based",bashed?, someones head in for following you,maybe you should seek some help.Especially if you are trespassing in their neighborhood.Or not responsible enough to stop and tell them where you are going.
Sounds like you would have been tried for murder in this case,after killing the neighborhood watchman.

So this young adult,at 6'3,in football player condition,slams the older,shorter,fat guy's head into the curb.And does,in fact,draw blood.
Y'all ever watch Nate Diaz fight?....... anyway

The prosecution is probably bringing charges so this can come to an end.
George Zimmerman cannot be found guilty,beyond a reasonable doubt or get a fair trial down there.
Or anywhere.
He will be found innocent and the "Stand your ground" law will be upheld in Florida.
Because George Zimmerman was just trying to protect himself and his neighbors from those that would steal and who knows what else,in their neighborhood.

This is an important trial,because it will set a precedence for the SYG cases to follow

Could have all been avoided if the,6'3, near adult Martin would have acted his age and told the Neighborhood watchman what his intentions were.

Sometimes you have to put the Cliff Claven opinions aside and just say "I don't know." At first I was convinced it was just a murder. Then I remembered what a lying, manipulative, garbage media system we have in this country.

The crap media loves to make law abiding, reasonable concealed carry people out as crazy psychopaths and people with a Batman complex.

I have to agree with Dunerunner. They know they aren't going to get a conviction. The Murder 2 charge is purely for show. The prosecutor should be charged with prosecutorial misconduct for bring charges against someone without required evidence to bypass a grand jury.

This is all for show. If they find him innocent,then the SYG law, that the state senate and congress passed,will stand.

Kudos for Zimmerman for paving the way for the rest of us

from the actual facts that have been presented thus far I think it's entirely possible that both Zimmerman and Martin feared for their own safety that night and both were acting in self defense that night. Unfortunately Martin is dead so we'll never know his side of the story but I think it's perfectly appropriate given what we know to charge Zimmerman and bring him before a jury to decide if he was negligent or not. Unfortunately this is the same state that let Casey Anthony walk free.

from the actual facts that have been presented thus far I think it's entirely possible that both Zimmerman and Martin feared for their own safety that night and both were acting in self defense that night. Unfortunately Martin is dead so we'll never know his side of the story but I think it's perfectly appropriate given what we know to charge Zimmerman and bring him before a jury to decide if he was negligent or not. Unfortunately this is the same state that let Casey Anthony walk free.

Yes, but he hasn't been charged with negligent homicide, he has been charged with second degree murder which isn't going to stand up in court. The grand standing by the judge that took this on has assured this.
I've tried to hold judgement and comment until after evidence was brought forth to be judged. The Al Sharpton - Jessie Jackson dog and pony show has had this man convicted far ahead of any jury, as have many members of this site.

Many of you are correct I fear, the mob mentality will take hold after the acquittal and will most likely result in riots in the streets. Where will the Jessie's and Al's be then? The Spike lee,s and the new black panthers and many others have also assured that even if found innocent, this mans life isn't worth a red cent out in public, then who will be guilty, the media for the hype, the Al's and Jessie's, the star struck judge?

While I agree that following Martin on foot was a foolish and possibly stupid thing to do, neither foolish nor stupid are against the law fortunately, because many of us here would be thrown so far into jail that they would have to feed us with a slingshot.

First,Zimmerman had all the right in the world to follow the SEVENTEEN yo 6'3 almost adult,walking through his gated community. He was in charge of that for the neighborhood watch.
The police had no authority to tell him to stop following,just make a suggestion.
The 6'3 140 man,same size as a world class MMA fighter,was old enough to be responsible enough,to tell the man who lived in the neighborhood, that he was JUST VISITING his Dad's GF.
I mean that's what I would have done.'Hey man I'm going to 123 "C" st to my Dad's GF'
He did come back to confront Zimmerman ,from all reports.
And the fight ensued.

Bad motel,if you would have "based",bashed?, someones head in for following you,maybe you should seek some help.Especially if you are trespassing in their neighborhood.Or not responsible enough to stop and tell them where you are going.
Sounds like you would have been tried for murder in this case,after killing the neighborhood watchman.

So this young adult,at 6'3,in football player condition,slams the older,shorter,fat guy's head into the curb.And does,in fact,draw blood.
Y'all ever watch Nate Diaz fight?....... anyway

The prosecution is probably bringing charges so this can come to an end.
George Zimmerman cannot be found guilty,beyond a reasonable doubt or get a fair trial down there.
Or anywhere.
He will be found innocent and the "Stand your ground" law will be upheld in Florida.
Because George Zimmerman was just trying to protect himself and his neighbors from those that would steal and who knows what else,in their neighborhood.

This is an important trial,because it will set a precedence for the SYG cases to follow

Could have all been avoided if the,6'3, near adult Martin would have acted his age and told the Neighborhood watchman what his intentions were.

Also the 'yute was found with a backpack, burglars tools and female jewelry in it..

I'm not one of the "y'all".

In a previous thread on this subject, I gave a real life story about how someone started a fight with me and threw the first (and only) punches. I tripped him down to the ground and sat on him. A teacher came by at that time and thought I was the aggressor. I never threw a punch and the teacher was absolutely incorrect.

Here we have witnesses who saw an event after it started, but so far I have not heard of any witness who saw how it started. At this point, it is "he said" and "he's dead" and this case will not be solved. The media can paste pix of these two in suits and ties or with hoodies and bruises and it will not matter. People can theorize all they want.

Without evidence of how this event started, this circus is to divert our attention. Meanwhile, the TSA hires more goons and puts them on city buses, record numbers are renouncing their US citizenship, some of our "leaders" now want to expand the BS "no-fly" list to include "no-ride-on-train" and "no-buy-a-gun", other "leaders" introduce a bill to turn control of any national forest or National Park within 100 miles of the border (including Olympics, the North Cascades and Glacier NPs) to (you guessed it) Homeland Security, and the feds want black boxes in cars turned on to record our every move, and to charge us a tax by the mile to travel by car. If the sheeple want to riot, these are some things to riot about.

Status

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads